Reefers 130D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
that a new one for me... an algae no less

http://www.algaebase.org/search/species/detail/?species_id=4577

27117ic1.jpg

yep, an algae indeed, and a pretty cool looking one, think I will keep some around :D ... and thanks for the link! .. definately going to read through there.

Foreclosefl

What led strips did u install. Not being able to run the actinics alone was something I was trying to tweek on my 130 as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Fore, They are Max LED, the ones with 5053 LEDs, they are the brighter ones that Max LED makes. They definately make the colour pop. I am thinking of swapping out 2 blues for 2 purple strips though, we shall see. I am going to replace the entire light fixture soon with all LED.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Looking Great !

ps - if you ever want me to change your threads name, I can make that happen, just let me know to what...

Oleo1975

Reefers,

What mod is that on your skimmer? You mention that it quiets it up.... Tank is loking great. I'm a few months a head of you, but nowhere near the corals that you have. Are you running any chempure or purigen?

Reefers,

What mod is that on your skimmer? You mention that it quiets it up.... Tank is loking great. I'm a few months a head of you, but nowhere near the corals that you have. Are you running any chempure or purigen?

Thanks Oleo, the skimmer mod just quiets it down by putting the air hose sucking noise inside the skimmer cup instead of just hanging loose in the tank. Any little bit to shutting this skimmer up is helpful, and it takes quite a bit of the noise away :) ... I am not running any chempure, purigen, or anything else.