Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

charlie Swater

Hi there. Nice tank, looks cool.
Have one q. How did you make an overflow to the sump? Did you drill it or did you make. A dyison overflow tube or ? Please tell me, i have a rsm 130
And i would love to have a sump as well.
Greetings
Charlie

jimv

My130D about 7 months in. Still a long way to go but I happy with the progress.

Your tank looks awesome! I have the same tank and its about the same age but I am no where near as far along as you. I just upgraded to LED's, I hope the coral like them.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Have one q. How did you make an overflow to the sump? Did you drill it or did you make. A dyison overflow tube or ? Please tell me, i have a rsm 130
Greetings
Charlie

Here's JK1's tank information and link:

Modular LEDs powered by a Profilux II eX, Vortech MP10w ES, Kent Phos reactor, Aquamedic quatro doser, Custom glass dosing containers, DIY overflow into Custom Sump with refugium, Tunze 9004 skimmer, Tunze ATO, Eheim 1500-3000 ltr/hr return pump

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/82446-red-sea-pimped-max-130d.html

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Those corals are basing out really well. Great work, can't wait till mine take off like that. :)

Alan

Ashr

Here is mine from last month. sorry about the crappy cell phone picture
1069856_10151704720754485_944342744_n.jpg

Oxylebius

Those corals are basing out really well. Great work, can't wait till mine take off like that. :)

Alan

They do like to base-out more then grow vertical. What I've begun to do is glue broken frags to old dead coral frags and let the coral grow over the old coral skeleton. That is how reefs are formed in the wild, so why not in our tanks. The first one I tried worked out really well, so I have three others started in the tank. If you look closely, the corals that look like the base is dead are the ones that were glued to the top of an old dead piece of coral and are now growing over it and will eventually base-out like the first one did.

JK1

Greetings
Charlie

Hello mate, really sorry for the delay. I'll PM you a step by step video on how to make it. I wanted a life reef one but the waiting time was too long so I built my own and I'm really please with it. It start up every time without fail and is incredibly quiet and cheap. If anyone else wants a link I'll happily pass it on, just drop me a PM.