Mikes 120 gal reef ready build

MJC

182c3f46-a65f-2d83.jpg
182c3f46-a670-d6e6.jpg

Sand is in, water clear,auto top off installed,chato grow light in,RODI unit under stand,heaters in sump,mp40 doing its thing.
Yup that's it for now I have Apex controller on order along with Carbon reactor and GFO reactor should be here next week. :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Looks very nice!

I've been reading about this new monado rock out (premium aquatics has it) and they call it very porous and recommend 10%-15% or so less than what you would normally order so that makes sense. Personally I plan to have a little less in the display and put some in the sump and refugium to handle the bio load. Too much rock is never a bad thing but you want to make sure you have swimming room for your fish and if you put it in your sump, you don't want it trapping detritus.

MJC

Yay! Apex is up and running. I'm just waiting for the PH calibration 7 & 10 to come in the mail. Would be nice if the 99 cent powder came with the $500 controller lol.
a689893e-91ff-e733.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks a OK to me. Looking forward to an apex update soon.

........ mods please turn ur heads.

MJC

Carbon & GFO reactors are in.
My rock is at my LFS and Bering cured :)

Matt I'll have that APEX review soon still working out some kinks.

Thanks every one.

a6898b9e-a208-d425.jpg

a6898b9e-a2ed-3fa7.jpg

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Nice job sir!

Everything really looks great. Isn't it nice when the time is taken to do it right the first time? Keep us updated!
I can't wait to see it stocked as time goes on.

MJC

Nice job sir!

Everything really looks great. Isn't it nice when the time is taken to do it right the first time? Keep us updated!
I can't wait to see it stocked as time goes on.

Thanks Marc Im trying..... something that really burns my ass is when you mention your building your reef tank and someone sais ya I had a saltwater tank man thous fish are expensive mine all died.:hammerhea
Then they say something like my lion fish kept on eating every fish I put in with it.:smack:

anyway I added some more pics to the first link this is one from today. I got some clear netting from BRS and built my screens I made four separates instead of one big one.

20120314-DSCF0385.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Have you measured the par at all? I think it would be interesting to measure pre and post netting.

MJC

Im trying to get my hands on a meter. I know in the photo it looks silver but it is clear netting so im hoping its not to much loss.

catran

Very nice setup! I'm going to follow along. I have some of the clear netting too. Did you buy the kit from BRS? I can't find a plastic screen frame anywhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MJC

Very nice setup! I'm going to follow along. I have some of the clear netting too. Did you buy the kit from BRS? I can't find a plastic screen frame anywhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Cat I got my frames from Home Depot they are aluminum.
I'll wipe them down as much as possible and keep an eye on the salt effect?

tnwillia

Great work! +1^ Both Home Depot & Lowe's have the frames. Only place I ever had salt creep was of the netting the frames were fine. I just sprayed it off with a shower head and let it dry then back in place. Fun Fun!