~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Update!!

Lots to update!!

Bye-bye Dr. Pepper!
Several weeks ago, I found an awesome home for Dr. Pepper (Achilles tang). He needed a larger home very badly as he had grown a lot since I purchased him a few years ago. He needed a larger tank than my 4' 120 gallon. I found just the perfect person! A local reefer, Glenda from Unique Apparel for Unique people in the Reef Hobby and Marine Hobby... , had a huge 6' reef and only one tiny tang. Dr. Pepper is doing fabulous in his new home!! :bouncer:

A few weeks ago, I added two anemones. One is a S. gigantea that is bleached but doing okay so far; the other has been ID'd as a H. crispa (sebae)... I thought it was a carpet anemone :rolleyes:
Anyway, both are doing well but I am still very nervous about them. They are very difficult anemones to keep.....

H. crispa (sebae) ??? Unsure...

200907022.jpg

S. gigantea (bleached but doing well so far)

200907047.jpg

Last edited:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you for the vote of confidence :) I will do my best!

I still have the huge purple haddoni. My plan is to maybe rehome it if this S. gigantea does well.

lcstorc

I know you will be great with the anemones. You are the anemone whisperer.
We'll miss Dr Pepper but I am glad you found him such a wonderful home.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I have my purple S. haddoni for sale (local pick up) for only $500 which is a steal.

I have done a lot to my reef tank over the last week. I have removed the purple haddoni to a 40 gallon breeder tank until it sells and I have added a few S. giganteas and a ritteri anemone.
Removing the huge haddoni has allowed me to more a few corals around. Here is a before and after photo....

BEFORE:

Taken 5-23-09 (before I sold Dr. Pepper)
20090523reefpics13.jpg

AFTER:

Taken yesterday, 7-19-09
20090729anemones34.jpg

The Picassos of course took to the new additions immediately!

Male Picasso playing in a S. gigantea
2009071910.jpg

Picasso pair playing in two S. giganteas (light purple & dark blue)
I received these Saturday, July 18th. I hope they make it! So far, so good :)
20090729anemones29.jpg

Here is a bleached S. gigantea that I received on July 2nd. It has expanded well and eats daily.
It is slowly regaining its color :dance:

20090729anemones31-1.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Wow! You can still see the outline where the carpet anemone use to be on the overflow where the GSP would not grow. I see you hacked some of that out also. I never knew you had a cave in the rear LOL! Very cool Doni. With the before and after shots you really can see just how large that Carpet was.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I sold the purple S. gigantea to a local reefer with a GINORMOUS system. He has tons of reefing experience and can care for it well!

I have added three S. giganteas; one yellow, one blue, and one purple. They are all doing very well but a bit beached. All eating great, expanding and have tight mouths. None of which have deflated :thumbup:
I also added another purple anemone (thinking it was a gigantea) but it has been ID'd as a riterri. It too is doing very well.

I moved the Picasso breeding pair into a breeder tank in order to add new clowns to the reef. I have a total of eight Snowcassos now and they are so fun to watch!

Here is a video:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Well, I ended up returning the breeding pair of Picassos to the reef tank. While they were in the breeding tank, the female stopped eating totally and was threatening to jump out. She was NOT a happy camper. So after a few weeks, I removed the Snowcassos and put the breeding pair of Picassos back into the reef.

She has yet to spawn :(
She was really upset. I honestly did not think she would get so depressed!

Anyway, here is a video I just took of my S. gigantea anemone and my breeding pair of Picassos.

Of the three S. giganteas I added, the blue remains. After a month or so, the purple began deflating and inflating and eventually died within a few weeks. :( Then the yellow started the yo-yo cycle and it is just about gone :(
The blue deflated yesterday and I REALLY hope it doesn't go downhill :(

Rene Peralta

[QUOTE = Woodstock; 708303] Bueno, me terminó devolviendo la pareja reproductora de Picasso al tanque de arrecife. Mientras estaban en el tanque de cría, la mujer dejó de comer por completo y amenazaba con saltar. Ella no era un campista feliz. Así que después de unas semanas, me quitó el Snowcassos y poner la pareja reproductora de Picasso, de nuevo en el arrecife.
Todavía tiene que generar: (
Estaba realmente molesto. Honestamente, no pensaba que iba a estar tan deprimido!
De todos modos, aquí está un vídeo que acaba de tomar de mi anémona gigantea S. y mi pareja reproductora de obras de Picasso.
[URL = "http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/MrsDoni/Anemones/?action=view&current=9-15-09sgigantea.flv"] http://i85.photobucket.com/albums / k56/MrsDoni/Anemones/th_9-15-09sgigantea.jpg [/ IMG] [/ URL]
De los tres giganteas S. añadí, el azul sigue siendo. Después de un mes o así, la púrpura comenzó a inflar y desinflar y finalmente murió a las pocas semanas. : (Entonces el amarillo inició el ciclo del yo-yo y es sólo de pasado: (
Ayer, el desinflado azul y realmente espero que no vaya bajando: ([/ QUOTE]

Hola que tal por aqui es de noche no se por aya, pero solo te escribo para preguntarte en cuanto estas vendiendo los picassos quisiera uno por aqui en Mexico estado Morelos
Saludos

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hola que tal por aqui es de noche no se por aya, pero solo te escribo para preguntarte en cuanto estas vendiendo los picassos quisiera uno por aqui en Mexico estado Morelos
Saludos

Hello.
I do not speak Spanish but using a translation module, I think you asked me if I ship to Mexico? Sorry but I do not ship to Mexico.