~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Dusting off this thread, I am posting some photos I took today.
Sick and housebound found me taking pics :)

The bulbs over my reef need changing. The Reeflux 10k's did not last long at all.... the left side shifted to yellow and the right shifted to green :rolleyes:

20090523reefpics8.jpg

I moved several corals from the left side so the "purple monster" could stretch out better :)

20090523reefpics7.jpg

The picassos just happened to be spawning also...
It's a good thing because the female looks like she is about to burst!!
20090523reefpics11.jpg

20090523reefpics2.jpg

20090523reefpics26.jpg

Betty-Boo is fat and happy! This fish is so fun to watch!
20090523reefpics19.jpg

Cupid is doing well. Eating like a pig. I am going to make a video of him eating..
20090523reefpics9.jpg

My beautiful Alleni damsel...
20090523reefpics.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Here are some more pics I took today .... coral photos... (yes, I am very bored stuck at home sick)

My Tyree green polyped leather is dropping a huge frag! LOL
20090523reefpics10.jpg

This is a nice pic of mushrooms, ricordia and some scrolling coralline.
20090523reefpics20.jpg

Purty orange zoanthids...
20090523reefpics21.jpg

HUGE sinularia !
20090523reefpics23.jpg

My scrolling hammer. It is so pretty and has grown a lot.
20090523reefpics16.jpg

20090523reefpics3.jpg

Fox coral. One of my favorites. Its too bad it has to stay way in the back... Maybe I can find a place for it up front...
20090523reefpics25.jpg

Upper right side of the tank. The orange ricordia is growing almost as fast on the overflow at the GSP!
20090523reefpics22.jpg

lcstorc

Wonderful as always.
Sorry you are not feeling well. You need to get better soon so you can come visit.
I think the good Dr (Pepper of course) needs his own photo. He looks nice and happy in the FTS.
That is very strange about the bulbs.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Wow! This has been and still is one of my favorite aquariums. It looks awesome Doni!
Have you ever considered Radium's? What ballasts are you running, I forgot.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Wonderful as always.
Sorry you are not feeling well. You need to get better soon so you can come visit.
I think the good Dr (Pepper of course) needs his own photo. He looks nice and happy in the FTS.
That is very strange about the bulbs.

Thanks Lynn.
The doc wrote a PX for a Z-pack but I do not need it. I prefer for my own immune system to fight off stuff. I am still very hoarse and the cough is annoying but I'm beating it! :rocket:

Ohh.. how I tried to take a good photo of Dr. Pepper. It is very difficult since he is black. All of his photos are either out of focus or just a black image. lol
I'll get a good one eventually...

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Wow! This has been and still is one of my favorite aquariums. It looks awesome Doni!
Have you ever considered Radium's? What ballasts are you running, I forgot.

Thank you for the kind words Frankie!
I did want to try those. I know you like them a lot. I have IceCap 250 watt ballasts.
Will they work on them?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Video of Cupid eating homemade mush~

Sorry for the grainy video.
I think I'll ask for a video for Christmas...

Here is "Cupid", my copperband butterfly eating homemade mush. He eats like this several times per day!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thank you for the kind words Frankie!
I did want to try those. I know you like them a lot. I have IceCap 250 watt ballasts.
Will they work on them?
Hello Doni :)
Yes, they will work great on the Icecaps. They might be a bit bluer then mine though being 250w. The Icecaps do over drive the bulb though and you would do well with them. Here is a link to a good thread on them on RC to read. Reef Central Online Community - Show me your 20k Radium tanks?
I have a few more threads on them if you really get interested. The standard going rate for them is $89.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you Frankie. I have been seriously considering Radium bulbs for a long time (every since you switched) and will most likely at least try them out ;)
Thanks for the link. I'll read it whilst I lie here in bed coughing and sneezing... LOL :rolleyes:

mps9506

Hey Doni,
Tank still looks great as expected from you! I'm with Frankie on this, I think you will like the Radiums. They don't have the longest bulb life when overdriven, but they have been popular for a long time for a reason :)
I personally still like the 10k XM's, but can appreciate the crisp blue from overdriven radiums.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
My purple S. haddoni carpet anemone spawned on Sunday!

The tank was cloudy and it did not take me long to realize why!

I took a few video clips....