Welcome to the RSM club forum!

oceanreefs

Good morning, no you not gotten over your head, We're here to help you. They'll a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum and they know A lot about saltwater aquariums. So if you need help with anything feel free to post.Phil

oceanreefs

Good morning everybody. This is great to have a separate forum just on a particular item I love it. less hear from everyone out there who has these RSM tanks. less talk about lighting upgrades and anything else concerning these wonderful tanks. Looking forward to hearing from somebody so let's start talking. Phil

oceanreefs

Okay I'll start, subject LED lighting I'm trying to convert my lighting to all LEDs.Cree LEDs is one of the best out there, they come in all different colors temperatures and the should make your tank look unbelievable. I got some coming I will try to take photographs step-by-step to show everyone what I'm trying to achieve. I just wish the postman would hurry up and deliver them. I'm climbing the walls here. I don't think it can be that difficult converting over the only thing I'm worried about in the light hood there's a microswitch that when you lift the front or back light hood it shuts off so it doesn't blind you. Once I figured that out I think I'll be in good shape. is there an electrician out there that can make any suggestions about this microswitch. It would be appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from somebody. Phil:whstlr

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Phil - the RSM Club is full of great advise on RSM tanks & support

I think your best bet... it to go to the Main Page in the RSM Club Red Sea Max Owners Club

and click on +Post New Thread found at the top... pick a topic & I bet you will get more feedback from the club & RS members... you can try it here, but if it does not take off, that's what I would suggest - cheers ! Most RSM Club members see this "sticky" and think of these post as a new member saying hello

oceanreefs

Hello everyone, well guess what came in the mail today, all of my cree LEDs I started to disassemble the hood soon as I got home it was not that hard, this thing is so well made just a couple of screws and a whole thing open up I'm doing one side at a time I took out the balances and all of the T-5 holders they came out very easy also I labeled everything as it was coming apart so if I decide to put it back together it should be easy. After disassembling everything the front end of the hood is just one big giant heatsink, boys it nice. After taking the balances out it's very light in weight. Okay I got all of the LEDs glued in and so soldered. negative positive. 9 o'clock:00 PM and I'm going to crash I've been at this since 3. Tomorrow I will start soldering the wires , it's easy. I took some video of step-by-step so when it's all finished I'm going to post it so everyone could see just how easy it is to do this. I hope the Red Sea people don't get mad at me, but I think it's going to be an improvement I still haven't heard from anyone having any suggestions on how to wire that microswitch if you know anything about it please post to me. I'll keep everyone up-to-date have a great afternoon.Phil:banghead:

nysea

N0Y0OERCMzRGQkJDOEJDOTVBOEE6YjY4MWRjYTM2MDU3YThiMTlhMjVkZTNiYTI0M2ExZDY=

:wave:

My name is NYSea and I've just giving into becoming more of a reefaholic. Thanks for all the great info so far in this forum. Sooo excited to finally have a RSM :)

:reefanon:

Guy

Hi everyone, i just purchased my first Red Sea Max system it is the S 400. i am expecting it in this week, glad to see there is a forum for Red Sea owners. I look forward to sharing my experiance with everyone.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Congrats on the new RSM 400 ! Be sure to start a tank thread & share some pics with us !

ChrisY

Welcome to ReefSanctuary! And congrats on the Red Sea tank. there are many of us here who love ours!

Chris

Guy

Thanks for the kind words, i was hoping it would come in today but no luck. Maybe tomorrow, i will definitley share the experiance by posting pics.

reefermagic

Wow, this is great info, I'm new to this site but have been reefing for 12 years. My newest tank is a rsm 250, it is 3 weeks old running beautiful and still fine tuning the skimmer. I'm sure I'l be getting to know some of you quite well and hopefully helping some of you and you guys definitly will be helping me.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us !