Welcome to the RSM club forum!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Gav

Hi All,

Gavin from Sydney Australia here. Just bought my RSM 250 yesterday and set it up last night. Only new to the hobby with a small 34L minireef but loving it so far. I'll make a thread with some pics of my new tank as it progresses. Already made a few mistakes with it and can't figure out how to get the protein skimmer working but Im sure I'll figure it out. Anyway, looking forward to you guys and girls helping me out of some other, bigger mistakes :p

Hi,

I recently bought a used RSM 130, and I am excited to transfer my BioCube 29 reef over to the new tank. I have had my softies reef for about 4 years, and I hope to be able to expand my collection with the better T'5 lighting. I am sure I will have many questions as to what I can put in here, but my first question is about the skimmer. Since the stock skimmer is missing, I need to buy something new. Any suggestions? Should I replace it with another stock skimmer or is there something better that fits into that compartment? Thanks for any replies I get. I'm looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You are very welcome ! Feel free to ask any questions you might have - just click the Post New Thread buttom is the best way or start a tank thread of your own, is even better !

rawenum

Hi, All.
My name is Paweł I'm Polish
RSM 250 I bought from January, I switched to the ReefMax.
Lighting: 3x ATI blue plus, a stock actinic, 1 ATI actinic, one white stock.
The skimmer I mentioned in February at Deltec MC500.
I plan to do in March biopellets balls just yet, I wonder how to connect them to work best.
Link to my tank
YouTube - Mój pierwszy projekt

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Another country represented Poland - cool !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Mój - Welcome to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club!

You have a beautiful RSM 250 - a nice variety of fish and corals!

It would be nice if you could start a thread for us on your tank. :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome Ksalsedo! Just start posting! A good place would be to start a thread for your RSM 250. :)

Cantzus

Hi everyone. Also new to the forum....My husband and I have decided to start a new family hobby. We thought this may give our daughter (3.5yo) a sense of responsibility and something to help with once her brother arrives (in December). Here's hoping for great things. I'm still navigating the site but will set up our siggy shortly so that everyone knows what we are working with.

Nice to meet you guys!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome to the WONDERFUL world of Salt Water! It only gets better and better!

Good to see another member from NORTH CAROLINA!! Welcome aboard :)

tonyroma1161

My red sea max 130 d Comes today cant wait...... This is my Final plan for it tell me what you think...20 lbs of live rock - 20 lbs of live sand, Going to remove skimmer and not use one because i never used one before and had no problem and im doing a FOWLR anyway...Filter media basket by In Tank, Poly fiber-Purigen-Chemi-Pure... Im just gonna have 2 clowns and A goby...so my bio load shouldnt be bad anyway.... I pan to do a 15 gallon water change once a month... Again does everyone agree i should have no probs with this set up...? Oh yeah is the stock Heater any good should i replace it or give it a try ? The tank is going in my basement where its usually a cool 69 degrees, I dont like to run the lights for a long time , and since i dont have the skimmer pump i dont think i should have any heating issues ...?