Welcome to the RSM club forum!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

robboh

Hi from another Kiwi over in New Zealand.
Just got a 2nd-hand RSM 130d with existing, and will be no doubt posting a few questions :read:

immerume2

Hi from another Kiwi over in New Zealand.
Just got a 2nd-hand RSM 130d with existing, and will be no doubt posting a few questions :read:

Welcome. Start up a reef chronicle and show off your build. Very cool having diversity of folks on opposite sides of the world.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtsully71

Sully in Montana

Hello everyone, a little about myself....I am Irish, love family, whiskey, the Packers, anything with a motor and of course.....fish. This is my first forum I have ever joined, as I know I will have lots of questions. I have already seen a wealth of info already in many reefing forums over the years. The one thing I know about this hobby, there is more than one way to skin a cat and while opinions may vary, they are generally going down the same road.

Been in the fish hobby for over 25 years, I have a 90 salt and 72 bow front. Fish range from sohol, purple tang, marine betta to gobies, blenn's others...a bunch and a 35 gallon freshwater in my daughters' room. For 10 years I have been doing saltwater fish only tanks (I also take care of a local Dr.'s tank). Decided to take the big plunge to reefing finally, when my dentist offered up his lightly used RSM 130 (don't know if its a D) and pressure from the house CEO . I'll be going bigger eventually, but you cant swim with the sharks, if you cant leave the wading pool.

So here is the quick layout. I'm picking up the tank Sunday 12/16, I have downloaded and am reading the manual as I plan on giving it a thorough cleaning. The tank has about 30-40 lbs of live rock already. I am going to rinse the current sand in saltwater and add it to the tank after I have added my water. I purchased new lights, filter pads, carbon and chemipure etc. I bought a Voltec mp10, after much reading, you dont reef for cheap, right... I use B-ionic and have calcium and kalk available to tweek things. I have done alot of reading, just enough to be dangerous and feel good about what I am doing. I think I am going to add some eggcrate with PVC and cut a big section of the front for diggers. I read both arguments and figured its more personal preference.

So I bid you adieu :wave: I will try to get some pics to post from my set up. Feel free to post advice, criticism or just to share :hug1: .....Im old enough to take an internet tongue lashing, so If you want to say something, spit it out. God knows the two women in my house dont have a problem with that!

Happy reefing

Sully

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Sounds like you have really done your homework & are off to a great start - look forward to seeing your new tank and am sure you have lots of sw experience you can share with RS

ReefLove

Let me say this first, that i do not have any experience in fish keeping, but i have been reading a lot and I just ordered RSM S-500, I'm going to make it a mixed tank with open layout. Hope to get lots of help and share the journey.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Congrats on the beautiful RSM 500 !

jwoodland

Been lurking on this forum since I downsized to a 130D almost two years ago. A move to a smaller house dictated I downsize from the 72bow to the 130. Have been in this hobby for over 10 years and learned a lot in that time.

Anyway, with the recent blizzard in Boston, we had to evacuate our house (live by the ocean and had major flooding) the Friday the storm started. By the time I was able to return on Sunday (after the high tides), and start the generator the tank had been with out power since late Friday night and the temp was 38F. Needless to say everything was lost except for one cerith which despite ammonia levels being off the charts hung in here.

I've been doing massive water changes and cleaning of the live (I hope) rock since the storm and levels are starting to come down. Nothing like a forced tank cycle to bring you back to your roots of reefing. I've continued to learn a lot about the RSM and look forward to more.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Sorry to hear you lost the tank & the best of luck on recovering & the rebuild !!! Cheers for moving from lurking to posting too !!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

badladd

I posted this in the Meet and Greet section but seems more appropriate here:

Hey all, I got rid of my boring tropical freshwater tank and my wife and I are starting a new hobby with the Max 250. We know it will take a lot of patience and work (and $$) to get a live reef going but we've seen how awesome saltwater tanks can be. We've only had the tank running for about 10 days but it's coming along well with brown algae popping up on the liverock and the tank walls which I understand is expected. I've got the Red Sea combo test kit and the API master reef test kit and I'm getting familiar with all the terminology. No real questions yet but I know I will have many later so this looks like a great place for info, I'll start reading in the footsteps of others that have come before me.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Congrats on the beautiful RSM 250

Hey there everyone,

I am Chris. I just purchased the Max 250 this Sunday. I am looking forward to learning from everyone here. I have a lot of experience in fresh water, but not marine, so I am in need of advice as the days progress. Any upgrades to make this tank function better is always appreciated. :eek:lsmile::eek:lsmile::eek:lsmile:

Thanks in advance for any ideas and help.

Chris

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hey there everyone,

I am Chris. I just purchased the Max 250 this Sunday. I am looking forward to learning from everyone here. I have a lot of experience in fresh water, but not marine, so I am in need of advice as the days progress. Any upgrades to make this tank function better is always appreciated. :eek:lsmile::eek:lsmile::eek:lsmile:

Thanks in advance for any ideas and help.

Chris

:welcomera Welcome to RS Chris! :wave:
Glad you joined us. Please start a tread just for your RSM 250 (I think you will LOVE IT!) and share you progress with us. There are lots of others here to help you with getting it going. After 5 posts you can share pictures
BEST WISHES :biker

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Chris

welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Congrats on the new beautiful RSM 250