The 90 gallon Road Trip

aquaman3680

Beautiful anemone!! I love that green color!

Warning: polymnus are VERY rough with anemones and can kill them. Yes, the carpet anemones are a natural host for saddleback clowns but in the confines of our aquariums, the anemone will get abused.

Thanks!! I have noticed him being rough some of the time... I did some further research and it said that it was the mouth that gets irritated... I don't see him around the mouth too much so thats good... Only time will tell.

Look at the teeth on that Saddleback! Grrrrrrrr. He looks a snug as a bug in a rug. Great photography!

I know I guess I didn't realize they had teeth... Thanks though!

Thanks Billy, booze, and bluespotjawfish for the compliments!

Nice pics of a nice pair.
Both look quite content .
Lynn he is very happy it seems in the anemone, and thanks!

Here are some pictures of day 3 with the clown/anemone pair.

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0971-1.jpg

DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

What types of foods should I be feeding the anemone? I have just been using mysis... anything better?

Thanks,

Matt

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Beautiful!!

I feed my anemones a varied diet of thawed chopped silversides (1/2"), chunks of homemade mush, cube of Formula One, chopped shrimp (1/2"), or chopped scallops (1/2").

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I get all of my fresh seafood from Harris Teeter grocery store. They have a great selection of fresh seafood all the time.

Some get their nori from an Asian store but I get mine from the LFS.

aquaman3680

Doni... I checked at all the grocery stores for both and no cigar, being here only 3 months I don't really know where to find things yet.
Does anyone in the kansas city area know where you can find any of this stuff?

Thanks,

Matt

aquaman3680

Doni, would the full sized krill or table shrimp work?

I got some new pictures of stuff with some coloring up photos...

I also purchased a new birdsnest... appears to have purple polyps?

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0137-1.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0121-1.jpg

Matt

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Nice additions to your tank...:thumbup:

Love your picture quality... what kind of camera you using?

aquaman3680

Thanks all... I am using a Nikon D50 as a camera...

These pictures were taken with my new tripod that I got yesterday. Do you see any differences in picture quality?

Also i have to report a sad loss. My anthias who had the belly full of air died in these past days. He was eating great and all I am not so sure why he died :(
DSC_0049.jpg

R.I.P

Matt

DeepBlue

Sorry to hear about losing your antias. I loved mine too and she decided to go carpet surfing one night.

Regarding the Nori and scallops, I get mine at a local grocery store. The Nori you will find in the ethnic or asian section. Usually, they put it on the bottom shelf. It is in a flat plastic ziplock bag which makes it easy to miss on the shelves. The scallops, if they don't have fresh in the meat and seafood department, get the frozen uncooked scallops. Usually these come in 1# bags. These can be chopped up into preportioned servings for your anemone and stored frozen in ziplock bags. Hope you can find these items.

aquaman3680

Thanks Lynn and deepblue!

The other two are looking great.. I cant find the Nori at the grocery store... I guess I will try a different grocery store.

Matt