The 90 gallon Road Trip

lcstorc

I get mine at the lfs. It's not called nori though. I think it's Seaweed Selects or something like that. It comes in several different varities and my tangs and most of my fish love all of them.

bluespotjawfish

Tank is looking awesome! Sorry for your loss. I use the Seaweed Select too, my fish will only eat the green variety though. If you can't find this locally, you can purchase it online.

jhnrb

Well what can I say. Your Pic's got me so excited Im going to have to go back out in the shed and do some work on my system. Great Photo's.

aquaman3680

I am currently using the seaweed selects and the Blue tang loves it! But i thought I might try something different...

Thanks Billy and thanks jhnrb!

Well I have an update... I purchased 2 new corals and got 2 different frags of zoos for free! I also have a couple new pics of some corals.

Here they are!

DSC_0201.jpg

$29 Biggest piece of coral that I have ever bought with an exception to the Carpet
DSC_0204-1.jpg

$10
DSC_0205.jpg

Free will look much better with time!
DSC_0206.jpg

Free!

Now for some new pics but old stuff!

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0181-1.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0191-2.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0196-2.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Matt

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Spectacular photography! Usually, one doesn't get to see that close up. Looks like everything is doing well. Keep it up!

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
nice aquaman..you just gave me some new screen savers i love all the new pictures...everything is looking great!!!

aquaman3680

Thank you all for the kind words!

nice aquaman..you just gave me some new screen savers i love all the new pictures...everything is looking great!!!
haha... awesome! Thanks!

Well everyone things are looking excellent. My carpet moved from on the rocks to the sand right infront of where it was; seems to like it much more there! I am having a bit of an issue with flat worms. I plan on using Flatworm Exit as soon as I can get some. Any thoughts on this or other ways to rid of them? Possible fish that eat them?

On another topic I am planning on setting up a display refugium here in the coming months. I will probably do some kind of crazy things in there that just wont work in a reef. I am thinking possible a frog fish, angler, lions, or 2 male seahorses and some pipefish! Which ones of these do you think would work for this setup? I have a diagram for what I plan to do below. Also what size pump would you recommend?

Thanks,

Matt

untitled.jpg

aquaman3680

Thanks guys! Does anyone have any insight on the flatworm problem? Is there something that will eat them or should I use flatworm exit?

Also would it make that much of a difference if I used a 30 gallon tank vs. a 20? Also what size pump should I use?

Thanks,

Matt

BrothaWolf

Thanks guys! Does anyone have any insight on the flatworm problem? Is there something that will eat them or should I use flatworm exit?

Also would it make that much of a difference if I used a 30 gallon tank vs. a 20? Also what size pump should I use?

Thanks,

Matt

Blue Velvet Nudibranchs eat flatworms exclusively Only problem is once the flatworms are gone they starve to death
I would use Exit

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Blue Velvet Nudibranchs eat flatworms exclusively Only problem is once the flatworms are gone they starve to death
I would use Exit

And... they can never eat everysingle flatworm so once the nudibranch dies of starvation, the few flatworms that were hiding well under a rock begin to multiply.. then *POOF* flatworms everywhere.

aquaman3680

Thanks guys! I hear ya on how fast they multiply!

Here is my plan on what I want to do with the fuge: I want to put in 1 maybe 2 female erectus seahorses with appendages, a couple of cool pipefish, ( I have had experience with them before) and a yahasa goby and pistol pair. What do you guys think about this?

Well this week is SPS week for pictures! I took pictures of every SPS in my tank with coloring up and growth shots! Here they are!

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0228-1.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0654-resized.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0655-resized.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0086-1.jpg

DSC_0218-1.jpg

DSC_0844.jpg

DSC_0229-1.jpg