The 90 gallon Road Trip

lcstorc

Personally I adore my Sailfin. He is a spectacular looking fish and so far a model inhabitant. Eats off of the rock all day and still pigs out when I add nori or my mush.

aquaman3680

Thanks Craig!

I really like the sailfins, they are awsome fish but would it get along with my tank mates?

I am having a bit of a flat worm outbreak, is there any fish or invert that I can buy that will eat them?

lcstorc

Hmm not sure what your current inhabitants are. Mine is pretty passive but you should not add one if you already have a tang of the same body style (Yellow, and purple tangs come to mind on that one but there are certainly others.
Another thing to keep in mind is their adult size. I have read various numbers but the largest one was 16in in the wild. If mine even comes close I will either need a serious upgrade or have to part with it. With my current 6ft 125 I wouldn't want anything over maybe 10in.

aquaman3680

Lynn, I also love the sailfins but I am kind of leaning toward a kole tang. I just cant find one.

I had a sailfin before I moved for about 2 years. He only grew about 1-2 inches in that time peroid. I also have a blue tang now that is about 3 inches eats like a pig and is 5 years old. I personally dont believe that a sailfin would get to be 15+ inches in a large tank. Although it is possible but not likely

Matt

Craig Manoukian

I've seen a good 13" sailfin an a 300 galklon aquarium, spectacular fish.

Make sure you get a deep velvety purple Kole specimen with a plump belly. Pale purple and thin smacks of cyonide harvesting.

lcstorc

I'm just hoping mine takes some time to get that big. By then hopefully I will have a bigger tank, but I was at least aware when I bought him so I am prepared to turn him in if necessary. Right now he is 4-5 in so I think I have a bit of time at least.

aquaman3680

I have decided to hold off on a new fish addition for awhile...

Although I do have a new addition. I bought a new torch from a store a couple days ago....it was more of a rescue.

Here it is....Along with some others

DSC_0659-resized.jpg

DSC_0660-resized.jpg

DSC_0657-resized-1.jpg

DSC_0661-resized-1.jpg

DSC_0653-resized.jpg

DSC_0654-resized.jpg

DSC_0655-resized.jpg

DSC_0663-resized.jpg

The algae is getting more covered up by coral
DSC_0664-resized.jpg

DSC_0667-resized.jpg

Matt

aquaman3680

Yeah I love the space my tank provides...

I have just one question... One of my anthias is swimming funny always pointing down. And his stomach is huge almost like it is filled with air... Any ideas why?

I have a new addition as of yesterday

I purchased a long tentacle plate yesterday... Here are some pictures of it

DSC_0727.JPG

DSC_0728.JPG

DSC_0737.JPG

Matt

aquaman3680

Thanks Scott!

I added a new fish today...probably going to be my last other than a shrimp/goby pair... I must say that I went out of my comfort zone and bought it at petco... He was already eating and only 6 bucks... how could I say no? Here he is

DSC_0776.jpg

DSC_0779.jpg

Matt

saltwaterfarm

Great tank and pics! How's the anthia? I know it is possible for goldfish to swallow air and it causes some equilibrium issues...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
This little blenny went to the market, this little blenny stayed home...this little blenny went to wee, wee, wee to Matt's reef. He will be better off in your reef than at Petco. It's a rescue in disguise. He looks like a dragonet in the face. Does it eat pods?

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
nice lookin reef matt glad to see the whole move went good and the tank is thriving..the new blenny is awesome ...what a rescue.

aquaman3680

Great tank and pics! How's the anthia? I know it is possible for goldfish to swallow air and it causes some equilibrium issues...

Thanks, the anthias are all great except that one. He eats great but it just has like an air belly and swims awkward, does anyone know what causes this or if this can be overcome?

This little blenny went to the market, this little blenny stayed home...this little blenny went to wee, wee, wee to Matt's reef. He will be better off in your reef than at Petco. It's a rescue in disguise. He looks like a dragonet in the face. Does it eat pods?

HAHA...They had about 7 in a little 10 gallon tank...kinda sad but true. This fish is actually a dragonet...so yes they eat pods but they tend to stay more in the sand rather than on the rocks... These fish have great personality and are rarely hiding. Im not sure why it is called a scooter blenny though...

nice lookin reef matt glad to see the whole move went good and the tank is thriving..the new blenny is awesome ...what a rescue.

Thanks! I hope this home works out for the better for him... I don't know if we just have a good petco or what, but my mom bought a green toadstool there and it is already doing great. Does anyone else have good petco's?

Matt

Craig Manoukian

My female Gold Barred Marron of the mated pair given to Rougiem was a Petco rescue from a tank with two triggers and ten dead Maroons. She was hiding at the top water line behind the powerhead and would have been a 3/4" gonner for sure. She is know about 3 - 4" long.

aquaman3680

Yeah, sometimes Petco stuff just needs some TLC... but I have to say that its not worth the risk of the diseases that can come off their fish. The other day when I got the fish one of the employees in the fish section was telling some guy that was going to set up a 'docile' reef tank that a Sohal tang was one of the most docile fish and would not harm a thing in the tank... Once the employee left I forced myself to go tell him the truth before he made a huge mistake.

Well anyways I got some new SPS today from a place called http://www.madfragsonline.com. They have great customer service, not a lot of stock but great prices! Here are some of the things that I purchased... All arrived alive and well!

DSC_0835.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

For both of those 1" montis it was $25

DSC_0836.jpg

I have a feeling that this milli will color up nicely

DSC_0838.jpg

This frag I got from a LFS for free. The colony that the guy fragged it off of is really nice... Is this some type of tort?

Here are just some pictures
DSC_0842.jpg

If you look back at earlier pictures of this one you can see how fast it grows

DSC_0849-1.jpg

The algae is almost all gone

DSC_0823.jpg

Early Morning
DSC_0844.jpg

During Day

DSC_0837.jpg

DSC_0789-1.jpg

This little guy has such personality!