The 90 gallon Road Trip

aquaman3680

Yeah it kind of sucked... I got some new pics of a couple of my favorite fish.

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147-1.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

and some zoos
DSC_0137.jpg

Matt

aquaman3680

Those actually aren't basslets. They are orchid dottybacks, they used to be a whole lot more aggressive when I had a royal gramma in the tank with them but without him they are pretty docile. Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks Booze.

Does anyone know a place to buy some nice scrolling hammers and some different torches?

Thanks,

Matt

aquaman3680

Well I got some news about the tank. I have a couple new additions and some more on the way tomorrow. I placed an order from petsolutions.com and reeftopia.com Well anyways yesterday I went around looking in fish stores. I found one with some good prices on frags. I have some pics of them and a couple pics of some existing stuff.

I had to add a fan for temp control as I was having a 4 degree swing daily. I now only have a 2.5 degree swing. Is that still too much? All the corals look happy and are doing well.

Heres the pics.

DSC_0196.jpg

Green toadstool
DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Green stars
DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0214-1.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

Here is the new stuff that I bought yesterday. Can anyone ID these, I really don't have any idea what they are.

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

aquaman3680

Thanks billy. Yeah a lot will be leaving when my parents move their stuff into the 210 though. I will have plenty of room after they take their stuff.

Matt

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Beautiful... :drooool:

What kind of camera are you using? The quality is amazing! :thumbup:

Gina

RS STAFF
Wow!
Everthing looks great!
Can't help with the coral id as I'm not very good at that.

aquaman3680

JFK- I am using a Nikon D50, thanks for the compliment.

Thanks Gina and Blue_eyes!

Well I have an order coming in tomorrow from reeftopia.com. I ordered some different types of snails some peppermint shrimp, a black cap basslet, and some more nassarius snails. I will put pics of them up tomorrow.

Matt

lcstorc

Beautiful pics of a gorgeous tank!
I love my black cap but he is a major digger. Just be warned. He was very shy for the first week or so and hid in a hole. Now he is out an about and a gorgeous addition.

aquaman3680

Thanks Lynn, yeah he aint appearing yet hopefully soon though.

Got some new stuff today. I have some pics of the stuff that I got and I also have some growth pictures.

Let me know what you think...

Growth Pics...

DSC_1050.jpg

And in 3 months.
DSC_0317.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

In a year...
DSC_0501.jpg

Heres the new purchases... I also have a black cap but he is hiding so no pic

DSC_0298.jpg

Bought 4 of these
DSC_0302-1.jpg

Bought 6 nerites
DSC_0335-1.jpg

These are virgin nerites and are awesome looking heres another... I bought 6 of these
DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

And I bough 50 nassarius vibex snails.

Can anyone tell me what kind reproduce like mad?

Thanks,
Matt

lcstorc

Just wait till the black cap starts coming out. Mine is quickly becoming one of my favorites in my reef (other than my Sailfin who is the absolute top.)
The growth pictures look awesome. You are certainly doing something right. :)

aquaman3680

Thanks all, booze the nerites are awesome. By the way booze when are you getting your tank setup?

Lynn, I saw the black cap for the first time today just briefly though.

I was thinking about adding another tang, either a convict, kole or a sailfin. I need it to be a good algae eater and it needs to be a non aggressive one. Based on that which do you think would be best for my system?

My parents took out all their stuff today. Got some pics of the tank with out their stuff.

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

CRAB FIGHT!!! lol
DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

There is a better growth photo than the one on the previous post
DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

That is one of the coolest clams i have seen in awhile

I have a couple of new growth photos
DSC01770.jpg

6 months
DSC_0502.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

9 months
DSC_0608.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

9 months
DSC_0498-1.jpg

Heres one of the things that I used to be into- but he died from some mouth disease
DSC_0477.jpg

RIP

Matt

Craig Manoukian

The Kole tang should go well with your Hippo tang, a Convict may not survive the Hippo's aggressiveness.

Fabulous looking stuff!