Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

Desmond

No like this. But yes expensive.
7aee3cfd46e4c7c2807ad002493a364b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

Rini

Very beautiful too. Can you add them if you have already clownfish in your tank? For example I have the 2 standard clownfish. Or will it be a war in the tank if adding more?

Desmond

It is not advised to have more than 1 pair of clownfish in a tank ! But some people have done it but very risky indeed. That is why i am switching out my pair not worth the risk and dont want any fish suffering so i will just trade them against the new ones :)

Rini

Today we visit friends. They had an gorgonia frag. Basically we went for that one.
During the coffee and a lot of talking we ended up with 8 frags.
1 frag was broken from a mother plant, and landed at the bottom in the rear. Basically it is dying, since it didnt get much light and water flow. They wanted to trashcan it.
So I thought, let me try it. So i got this one lets see if we can get it back on track.
An challenge.
The mother plant is green, so we have some work to do. But I'm in for a challenge.

IMG_0632.JPG

Further we went there for the gorgonia.
And we got a very nice frag.
Hopefully it stay alive, during shipment a lot of water has leaked... Fingers crossed.
IMG_0633.JPG

Further we got 3 kroepoek Coral frags. I really have no idea about the english names. It are 3 different green colors. So they advised to put a little room between them so they could be grow into 1 big happy family.

IMG_0631.JPG

And 3 other frags. Lost the names of them.
I'm so terrible bad with names anyway.

IMG_0634.JPG

Was an afternoon well spend. Very nice frags.

Rini

Always exciting the day after. And for now the results are promising. The montipora digitata is opening. The gorgonia is opening. The pavona is hard to see, not sure how to see to be honest.

For now i'm pleased.

The half dead one is on top of the tank and no difference yet. Will take (a lot) time I bet.:fingerscrossed:
Really hope he is going to survive. The mother animal is very nice green.

Adrienne

Merry Christmas everybody!

Not much to mention to be honest. As far as our knowledge go our tank is doing great.
The cyano is as good gone, or not visible is perhaps better to say.

Just a few pictures how our tank look at 24 december 2015. In about 9 hours it is Christmas :)

IMG_0649.jpg

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Its already Christmas here, 11 am on Christmas Day. We have feasted for breakfast and are heading out to Christmas lunch in a couple of hours.

Rini

Got an gourmet grazer for the tang and others who like to graze. I had an clip, but that did not work. They pulled 2 times and everything came off.
Since today we try this. For now it seems to work wonderful.

IMG_0680.JPG

Lets see how it goes.

Further the regular shopping to refill stock.
IMG_0679(1).JPG

Oh, and we ordered a new kitchen. We have now white (16 years or so) , and we go to black! Smoked oak or something.We like a challenge. Well Danielle is making the apple pie, so she is in charge :D

gerookt eiken.JPG

With a bit luck in March the apple pie is even better :)

Rini

In 13 hours we have new year. And before that started some good and bad news.
Lets start with the bad news.
1 of the dragonets is dead. Danielle went downstairs during the night to empty the fridge ;) and was sitting in front of the tank and saw the poor thing floating through the tank. Soon after it was removed from the tank.
He was not having signs of that he was hungry or something. He/she was doing perfectly fine the day before.

The good news. I cam downstairs this morning and with my daily checks if everything is working I saw that my Nemo has found the anemone. SOOOO happy. I directly called upstairs : Danielle, COME WATCH! :)
It took several months, but now 1 have found it. The other one is not yet convinced, but is inspecting it closely.
I was sitting in front and watched the nemo, he was looking at me with questions mark above his head. Ok i have found the nem, but what now?

Im now watching and it seems that number 2 has found the nem too! :)
But he is a bit affraid when i'm close to the tank, well can't blame him.
No picture of him, or both in the anemone. Soon :)

IMG_0693(1).JPG IMG_0694(1).JPG IMG_0698(1).JPG

Desmond

Sorry to hear about the loss of the fish. Was it skinny out of interest ? How is you pod population in your tank ? 2 mandrin would kill it fast.

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

Rini

@Desmond Not skinny at all. They really looked well feed. About pod population i have no idea to be honest. Will keep the other 1 and not getting another one.

The clowns:

Seems the both clowns are happy with their new home.
Danielle recorded this movie while I was making pancakes.

IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0711.JPG

Rini

Things going pretty good at the moment. Have removed again some pumping Xenia. Didnt realise when you cut them off and not completely remove the "foot" it just grows back.
This time tried to remove the foot as well. To be sure it wont come back on that spot. I really like the Xenia, but not everywhere :)

Further I noticed today a new citizen in my tank. He is there for a while most likely, but just discovered him today. Very beautiful thing to see. White and red. Tried to tape it, but the colors are not really showing.

Further not much to say. The new frags I got from a friend are doing pretty good. The one that was on his way to the trashcan and I took for adoption seems to start. We got it almost completely white. It gets very slowly his color back. We see more and more green spots on it. We have good hope that we can bring it back to its normal colors :)

Have glued some frags to the rocks. And glued a rock more steady, it wobbled a bit.
2 components stuff. I hate the 1 second glue. For some reason I cannot get it to work here. What I glue with 1 second glue comes of a day later.
I mostly prefer the 2 components stuff. It is a lot of kneading but it works for me.

Thats it. pictures soon.

NickF

I never had any luck with the glue either, I use the tmc 2 part reefers putty. I did try the tunze coral gum instant as well but it looked like a piece of chewing gum holding the coral down.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great vid ! hopefully the nem will come back out soon... that is the thing about nems, unlike most corals, they get up & move to where they want :clownfish: