Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I was about to run out to work but the wife made me come back in and check out your video Doni. LOL! That is somthing! Love the tunes also :D

SeaSiren

Hi Doni

Its been awhile but, I wanted to ask a question I have the three picasso's from you as you know and they are all healthy and eating well the trio didn't last long as the two A's banished the B into a seperate location in the tank he spends most of his time up under the filter and only joins the others at night. But, I was happy the two A's joined up but now that they are blackening up now upon close inspection one of my A's with the cheek spot has flared gills on both sides! He didn't when I got him...is this normal for them to become a "cull" at nine months old! I am thinking of removing him and letting the little B back in with the other A as the B is beautiful and is almost got all his black now! I don't want the one with the flared gills to breed with the larger whiter female...what do you think?

Pam

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi Doni

Its been awhile but, I wanted to ask a question I have the three picasso's from you as you know and they are all healthy and eating well the trio didn't last long as the two A's banished the B into a seperate location in the tank he spends most of his time up under the filter and only joins the others at night. But, I was happy the two A's joined up but now that they are blackening up now upon close inspection one of my A's with the cheek spot has flared gills on both sides! He didn't when I got him...is this normal for them to become a "cull" at nine months old! I am thinking of removing him and letting the little B back in with the other A as the B is beautiful and is almost got all his black now! I don't want the one with the flared gills to breed with the larger whiter female...what do you think?

Pam

No. The gills would show deformation early on and they would remain 'flared'.
How long has it been displaying it? It may be a parasite? Is it breathing heavy?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I have a Picasso breeding pair in the 60 gallon cube now. I need to update that thread with new pics too.

SeaSiren

Hi Doni

I have noticed this the last month and no he is not breathing heavy acts normal and eats like a pig...but the gill flaps are both flared out and if you look at him from the front you can see it...I don't ever remember him looking this way but he shows no other signs of issues I thought parasite as well but he is in the tank with his two other partners and they are both fine so what do you suggest I do? His color is great he eats well not breathing heavy...should I pull him out and QT? what do you reccomend I treat him with? Thanks Pam
No. The gills would show deformation early on and they would remain 'flared'.
How long has it been displaying it? It may be a parasite? Is it breathing heavy?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hi Doni

I have noticed this the last month and no he is not breathing heavy acts normal and eats like a pig...but the gill flaps are both flared out and if you look at him from the front you can see it...I don't ever remember him looking this way but he shows no other signs of issues I thought parasite as well but he is in the tank with his two other partners and they are both fine so what do you suggest I do? His color is great he eats well not breathing heavy...should I pull him out and QT? what do you reccomend I treat him with? Thanks Pam

Hi Pam. I do not know the best treatment. I would ask Leebca. If you post in the Fish Disease $ Treatment forum maybe he can give you some advice. He may suggest treating all fish in a hospital tank.