Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

brucewrs

:crowd:
I've just read this. Good to know. Have you kept with the pulse mode? How big is your wave?

With all the other pumps pushing water around the wave is about an inch.If I shut all the other pumps off it would splash water out.Very powerful.

I can't get the water to splash out. I also have the MP40 more in the middle though. How far from the top did you place yours Bruce?

brucewrs

I can't get the water to splash out. I also have the MP40 more in the middle though. How far from the top did you place yours Bruce?

I have it a little closer to the front about 5-6inchs down.You got to sit there awhile to fine tune it..You can get the water really rough..Turn off all the other pumps and you will see how high you can get it.

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
:crowd:

With all the other pumps pushing water around the wave is about an inch.If I shut all the other pumps off it would splash water out.Very powerful.

Right, so you have the water level a few cm below the trim?

What happens with Night Mode - does the wave half in size, or disappear?

Hey Rays,

I keep mine a right below the black trim on the inner part of the tank. That way it looks full from the outside but inside there is still room for the wave.

Night mode for the MP40W puts the output at about 50% on a steady flow - no wave.

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Rays,

I keep mine a right below the black trim on the inner part of the tank. That way it looks full from the outside but inside there is still room for the wave.

Night mode for the MP40W puts the output at about 50% on a steady flow - no wave.

I see, so your wave isn't that big then. I found a small wave (1 - 1.5cm) wasn't powerful enough to get things moving.

I keep thinking about if one of the max's pumps brake down, then there is a chance the wave might go right over the side of the tank?? I have to make if fail-safe.

One other thing - are you bothered with the noise it makes in pulse mode?

brucewrs

I see, so your wave isn't that big then. I found a small wave (1 - 1.5cm) wasn't powerful enough to get things moving.

I keep thinking about if one of the max's pumps brake down, then there is a chance the wave might go right over the side of the tank?? I have to make if fail-safe.

One other thing - are you bothered with the noise it makes in pulse mode?

Noise is not bad at all.Just make sure they are lined up perfectly.

unclfuzzy

Hi all,

We have a just set up the RSM 250. Does anyone know of a modular piping (brand name please) that will fit the outlet nozzles for the 250? In the states we have a product called Loc-Line, but that doesn't seem to fit. We'd like to have more 'flexibility' to adjust the water flow direction. I called Red Sea Max, but they do not have outlet nozzle extension kits. Obviously wave makers are cool, but I'd like to recover financially before investing in that.

Thanks.

Loc-Line does fit! I changed mine on my 250. I had to remove the parts and almost boil them in hot water to get them to fit! By doing that, it will loosen the plastic so you can force them on. They are tight but they do work! You just have to get the right size. I think I got my parts from Marine Depot.

tnwillia

Added my Fuge/Sump last weekend. Had LifeReef build it to fit under the cabinet and using his RMS overflow. Very happy with it! Not really a mod other than cutting out the fan port to fit the overflow as much as a growing tank. Enjoy!

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Very nice Tom! I wish I had the room in the back of the 130 that the 250 has. Till I get my sump version Euro-Reef I can't set up my new sump - not enough room for the E-R and the Lifereef overflow in back.

tnwillia

Sump/Fuge was custom design at 319.00 from LifeReef. Very happy with the work. I used his standard RSM model D on his web site and asked him if he could take that design and reduce it to 16x16x16 to fit the space I had to work with.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great price on the custom sump! My new one waiting for my new sump version Euro-Reef body is just a simple 2 chamber EShopps sump - low priced, but it looks very sturdy.

brucewrs

Great price on the custom sump! My new one waiting for my new sump version Euro-Reef body is just a simple 2 chamber EShopps sump - low priced, but it looks very sturdy.

What is the size?cost?Thinking about getting another because the one I have now has small cracks on the lip of it.I had it made by a local and maybe the acrylic was old and brittle.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
bruce - search on Eshopps RS-75 for best pricing. It's just a simple sump - no refugium, which is what I want this time.

They have larger models too. the one I got (smallest):

RS-75 18" x 10" x 16" H
Capacity 10 G
Skimmer area 12" x 10"
For 10-75 gallons tanks

F&S has it:

EShopps RS-75

I got mine at a better price through Todd (redseareefer). It's not on Todd's Global Aquarium site, but he can get them.

It fits the cabinet nicely, and leaves room in front for my ATO water jug. About the same size as my old 10 gallon tank DIY sump, but the EShopps is higher (16") and I'll have to remove the shelf and relocate my electrical outlets & times outside the tank. I'll either hang them on the side, or DIY a little covered container for the electrical stuff with some things I picked up here at work.

brucewrs

bruce - search on Eshopps RS-75 for best pricing. It's just a simple sump - no refugium, which is what I want this time.

They have larger models too. the one I got (smallest):

RS-75 18" x 10" x 16" H
Capacity 10 G
Skimmer area 12" x 10"
For 10-75 gallons tanks

F&S has it:

EShopps RS-75

I got mine at a better price through Todd (redseareefer). It's not on Todd's Global Aquarium site, but he can get them.

It fits the cabinet nicely, and leaves room in front for my ATO water jug. About the same size as my old 10 gallon tank DIY sump, but the EShopps is higher (16") and I'll have to remove the shelf and relocate my electrical outlets & times outside the tank. I'll either hang them on the side, or DIY a little covered container for the electrical stuff with some things I picked up here at work.

Wont fit the 250 cabinet..16x16 is the biggest because of the divider.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That's a bummer. A nice big cabinet like that and not very much room for a sump. It's even tough to find a ready made one that fits the 130 cabinet, but it has 20". I would have never guessed that the 250 cabinet had space limitations like that. It looks like custom or DIY is the only way to do it.