Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

tutuan

I think you have to own this system in order to judge it. I can understand if you would rather buy a different tank for your reasons, however there are many of us that love this system, but then there are some of us that just want a little more so we find small ways to make "upgrades" or mods!

A mod is any modifications not original with the OME specs.

I do own a RSM 250 and i like it as an AIO a lot (except for the heat issue). I'm gathering information to improve it more and i'll try my best to keep its look as clean and simple as possible. I think a mod is a modification for improment to an OEM part, not by replacing it.

redsea reefer

I do own a RSM 250 and i like it as an AIO a lot (except for the heat issue). I'm gathering information to improve it more and i'll try my best to keep its look as clean and simple as possible. I think a mod is a modification for improment to an OEM part, not by replacing it.

I agree...:cool:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
are you suggesting... the title of the thread be modified to mods & equip. upgrades? or another sticky for just equipment upgrades? I do think we can get too many stickies & have to use them up wisely... imo

I have just though of this sticky as one & the same (mods & equip. upgrades)... as a place to put related info for either... so we could quickly find it... but that just my opinion... I try to stay pretty laid back, appreciative & happy :) the rsm owners forum and it contributing members is great asset, everyone who post adds to it's value here !

But mods only to stock oem equipment - fine with me too :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I think we've got enough stickies. If we get too many most of the first page of threads will just be stickies! :) I thought it was a good idea to split up the 130 & 250 models so folks won't have to page though mods for a different tank.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Tutuan. I'm just trying to be laid back like nanoreefing4fun said. I didn't know you wanted to get so technical about this kind of thing. This is supposed to be a fun forum and we are all hear to help each other and not start a debate! We are each entitled to our own opinions on all of these topics. Some topics that are posted people may agree or disagree with, however I'm not here to knock someone for doing something they enjoy and like to share with others.

Enough Said! Now..... Any one else with some "additions or mods" on the 250 they would like to share?

Bruce, I'm still waiting to see the Vortech MP40 you added to your 250! I'm thinking about getting one but don't know if it will be to large for the tank!

tutuan

This is supposed to be a fun forum and we are all hear to help each other and not start a debate! We are each entitled to our own opinions on all of these topics. Some topics that are posted people may agree or disagree with, however I'm not here to knock someone for doing something they enjoy and like to share with others.

Well said and I totally agree :angel2: .
Looking to see more mods soon.
Thank you for making a space for RSM 250 mods

Nowellsy SNR

Buying a Tunze Stream 2 6065 in a couple of days will post pics when i have it in the tank im looking forward to see how much flow i get out of it....

Hey Guys! Just ordered my Ecotech Vortech MP40W Gen2. Look out!

I plan on getting rid of my other add on pumps in the tank once the MP40 gets here.

Bruce, what setting do you keep yours on?

brucewrs

I keep it on pulse(blue light) to make waves...First you have to set the speed.Mine is full blast.Then you set the time between pulse.TO adjust watch the top of the tank until you see the wave you want.
To set it on night mode you need to set it at the time you want it to go into night mode.So if you want it to go into night mode at 10pm you have to set it at 10pm.Then after 8hours it goes back to normal mode.Then the next day it will automatically go into night mode at 10pm.Pretty cool.

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just installed my Vortech MP40W. My fish and coral love it! I took out all extra powerheads in the tank.

Well done bodyguard, What mode do you have it on?

I'm thinking about getting the mp10 when available here in the UK. I want a different flow for the back, behind the rocks. Maybe have the mp10 as the slave? Only if it's not mega-expensive like the mp40. I think I'm settling for the lagoon mode, with 3/4 max power. I'm not sure about wave mode, made me a bit sea-sick watching it haha.

RaysReef

oh no - an old pic. I can't believe I thought about it:

itsnotrightoldpic.jpg

I wanted more flow (wave machine and 4 maxijets) and 'transition lights'! I then bought the vortech mp40 and dumped the lights (which was connected to a lunar cycle controller). This was all before I even put seawater in the tank (Feb), during my 'testing phase'.

RaysReef

Lunar cycle simulator - sounds good. Basically, It dims the lights over over 28 days (or something like that). As I said, I didn't use it in the end:

LunarCycle.jpg

RaysReef

I hope you guys dont mind me posting these pics. I know they're not mods but what the heck...

Was going to put the chiller in the cabinet, got way too hot even with a four-fan pushing air in the back..

Fittingthechiller2.jpg

So it went to the side, like most others:

Fittingthechiller.jpg