Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Anthony, does the chiller look familiar? Ours are made by the same company. Did you have to calibrate your chiller?

RaysReef

Here's a pic of the light cell for the wave machine. It puts it in calm mode when the main lights go out.

LightCell.jpg

You can also see how neat the lunar controller fits in that bit! Anyway, enough crap from me :)

RaysReef

And there's more... I wanted to show the simple piping for the chiller with internal pump and ATO. Smaller pipes (12mm) with accessory kit removed.

Pipes.jpg

brucewrs

oh no - an old pic. I can't believe I thought about it:

itsnotrightoldpic.jpg

I wanted more flow (wave machine and 4 maxijets) and 'transition lights'! I then bought the vortech mp40 and dumped the lights (which was connected to a lunar cycle controller). This was all before I even put seawater in the tank (Feb), during my 'testing phase'.

You block almost 1 light strip with the leds? Not sure if its worth it?

alphasierra

So are the leds are there anymore?

If so, they look to be very close to the T5 globes. Potential fire hazard. Be careful!! :flame:

RaysReef

Hey Bruce, I did tidy it all up.

But I will be the first to admit - it's stupid. I just posted these pics for a laff.

RaysReef

So are the leds are there anymore?

No, no. When I stood back to take the pic, I had a laugh and thought definately not!

Although if I took my time with it, it's easy to fit chiller, ato, wave machine, leds with controller etc. into the 250.

RaysReef

I started to sweat a bit when I first saw this. You'd only notice it if you had no substrate.

10 points to anyone who knows what causes this (you can see it in the above blue pics too):

leaky1.jpg

leaky2.jpg

RaysReef

I keep it on pulse(blue light) to make waves...First you have to set the speed.Mine is full blast.Then you set the time between pulse.TO adjust watch the top of the tank until you see the wave you want.
To set it on night mode you need to set it at the time you want it to go into night mode.So if you want it to go into night mode at 10pm you have to set it at 10pm.Then after 8hours it goes back to normal mode.Then the next day it will automatically go into night mode at 10pm.Pretty cool.

I've just read this. Good to know. Have you kept with the pulse mode? How big is your wave?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Strange pattern in the bare tank. Did you mix your initial salt load into the water in the tank, rather than adding SW? It seems like there is a certain amount of the salt that is insoluble, and never dissolves. It's seen most easily when setting up new tanks and doing the initial salt mixing with the water in the tank. No idea what the material is. As far as the weird ribbed pattern it has to have something to to with the flow pattern - maybe caused by the pulsing wave action of the Vortech. Anyway, those are my best shots at getting 10 points! :)

RaysReef

Hi Reefmack, good shot. It's actually caused when you open and close the skimmer flap or the hood. Water droplets run down the back of the tank and into the part between the bottom of the tank and the base (There's like floss between the two). That floss eventually gets saturated and shows throw the tank bottom.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I actually thought of that being caused by that thin layer of white plastic foam stuff under the tank, but couldn't imagine why the pattern wasn't consistant across the whole bottom. Now that I look at that empty FTS picture, I can see the dry parts of the white foam showing through the bottom. I should have looked at that pic first! That doesn't sound very good about the water running down the back of the tank when raising the skimmer flap. I think some have found a way to keep that dripping from happening, or something to absorb the water before it drips down the back.

Nowellsy SNR

Hi Reefmack, good shot. It's actually caused when you open and close the skimmer flap or the hood. Water droplets run down the back of the tank and into the part between the bottom of the tank and the base (There's like floss between the two). That floss eventually gets saturated and shows throw the tank bottom.
Ah now i see lol

tnwillia

Bodygrard.... Are you still using your two original RSM pumps on the left and right? I see the output heads still in place.

Thanks!

yycguy

just wondering are you running the Cooling fans? I find on my 130 that once I ran the cooling fan I had no condensation on the skimmer hood

Last edited:

RaysReef

just wondering are you running the Cooling fans? I find on my 130 that once I ran the cooling fan I had to condensation on the skimmer hood

Hi yycguy, No I'm not running the cooling fans because I fitted a chiller. I ended up sealing the back of the tank (around the bottom back trim) and padding the skimmer hood/flap with kitchen paper/towel.

Bodygrard.... Are you still using your two original RSM pumps on the left and right? I see the output heads still in place.

Thanks!

I do still use them because I have the carbon in one side. Sometimes I leave them off at night when my MP40 is in night mode.