Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

tnwillia

RaysReef Thanks again, I'll get some updates into my Tank thread, not been in there for awhile as posting mainly here.

As for the Dry Rock, when I started live rock of any quality was hard to find. I read about Bulk Reef Supply on here and looked at their Eco Rox. They had just gotten a new supply in, it was light, very clean and had all sizes and shapes. So, I went with dry rock and got 1 real good live rock from my LFS to seed it. I had almost no cycle and it took the rock longer than most to come back to life but I'm really happy I went that way now.

Blurp

Any other lighting mods/updates;)?
I'm interested in getting colours maxed out by using different T5 tubes, but read that red T5 might ease the apparition of algae...

I just got my 250 and I am having a time positioning the left side bigger pump nozzle in a good spot. It is either too high splashing water out the top or too low moving my sand. Bodyguard had some deflector thing on in the early pics, but later pics there is none. What was it, where can I get one and why was it removed? Thanx.

I took my deflectors off because I got a Vortech MP40W. The only reason I was using the deflectors before was to make some different waves. I think I bought mine at Marine Depot online.

My project last weekend! Installed a CPR Aquafuge Pro and a 25w Current Gamma UV Sterlizer. Oh and a picture of my clams!

DSCF1936.jpg

DSCF1944.jpg

DSCF1954.jpg

DSCF1953.jpg

DSCF1955.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The clams look great, and very nice refugium! Are you supplying the refugium with a pump or siphon? Do you plan on using the skimmer in the CPR?

Pump! Water goes from the CPR Overflow to the CPR CY194 Wet/Dry, then pumped to the chiller, out the chiller to the CPR Aquafuge Pro, out the Fuge to the UV Sterlizer and back to the tank. Almost all the plumming was done behind the RSM250. I'm using both skimmers in the CY194 and the Aquafuge Pro.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
bodyguard295 - very nice mod, greats pics - thanks for sharing & pretty clams too :) one of the nicest refugium I have seen!

My Porcupine Puffer squirted me in the face last night! I couldn't help but laugh... I guess he just wanted some attention!

Spikewire

Hey bodyguard. It was nice to meet you at Jay's (LFS) today. Small world indeed. I'll keep an eye out for you as I'm in there once a week or so.

tnwillia

Here are the latest changes I've made to my tank....

Removed the RSM hood and replaced it with the Outer Orbit dual 150 HQI/T5 hood. Added MP-40 and battery back-up. Built a DIY light hanger & top screen cover to keep my jumpers in.

Enjoy!

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01196.jpg