Playa's Reef

Playa

Not a great picture of it but I found it. So little and so special:)

Could be the slowest growing coral in the reef.

Here is the Oregon Tortuosa(Thanx to Jim)

I still have a few more frags left to post, as you can see my reef is more than just wild colonies. I should be getting some updated pictures from home in a few days, I cant wait to see them.

Last edited:

jorsan

Hi Playa,
Lost you in RC and found you here; great! . . .what about a photos of the hole tank? and . . . . . your refugium?
Thanks and as everybody is telling you . . . . . WOW!!!!!

Playa

Sharks I cant wait:)

Jorsan is great to have you here, if you visit my picture gallery you can see photos of the tank including partial shots. At the beggining of this thread on page 1 or 2 you will find pictures of the set up.

Luis

Last edited:

Brucey

Playa . . . . great looking FRAGs matey. I'm picking a few up myself in the next few days and have always used milliput to glue them down to the rockwork. Are you using a superglue and are you able to 'glue' this underwater . . . . or do you do you FRAGing outside of the tank. Just interested bud as it looks far better when they encrust straight onto the LR rather than onto a milliput mound.
Brucey

jorsan

Thanks Palya but I think none of them are new enought to have your recent aditions included; is posible to have one really new (and big to use as a wall paper if thats OK with you)?.
I read here and RC all your evolution and at this point will be great to hear from you what do's and what dont's you will tajke in consideration if you want to start a new tank. I know that this could be long but very interesting for all of us. And last one;. . .are you considering go for a bigger tank ? maybe the question is "when" . . .
Thanks

Tarasco

I know that Playa got hit hard by the hurricanes, has anyone heard from him? Has he triel to get his tank going? Just curious.

Gina

RS STAFF
I haven't heard anything since the hurricanes hit. I think he was in New Jersey at the time and I know he was trying to get someone over to his house. He was very depressed at the time he posted. Scary type of depressed. Hopefully, someone has seen him around even if on another forum.

addict

I haven't seen Playa since then either... and AFAIK this was the last forum he was really active in... people had pretty much run him out of the other forums with their criticism.
If you're still around Luis, please at least stop by to say hi. We all miss ya. :)

sharks

Contributing Member
Not sure what the hold up is but Luis please check in soon.
We want pics but just a hello will be fine.
I hope that family, friends, and reef are all fine and prospering
S

FateX8

I talked to him a while ago, once write after the hurricanes and a few times after that and i know that a very limited amount of corals survived
not many if i recall
i'll try to get in touch with luis and see if i cant persuade him to give an update here

FateX8

alright, just a little update here
i talked withluis but hes in the middle of a lesson and said he ill get back to me later on today so i will update after he calls