Playa's Reef

Playa

Hey David the Surhasonoi I have is one of the fastest growing corals in the reef.

Adam took this frag to Oceans Below from his reef. I was lucky enough to pick it up. Adam lost since the original colony where it came from. From what I understand it was one of Adam's favorites. It is royal blue and it has neon green coralites.

Playa

My favorite all time frag of zoos. Large polyps and have a neon green center that can be easily fed. Begging is not the word, again Todd and Glenn came through for me. I sure hope to see many new polyps.

These guys have a large colony in their show tank in Jersey and they guard it like gold.

Gosh my back hurts:-( I need a little break from the puter:)

TDEVIL

wow, seeing those pics, almost makes me want to move back to FL, so i could see it in person :)

im trying to get my tank back to where it was, so i hope by then i will be able to get a few frags from you and maybe Robbie :)

have a good one, old friend, you will be home soon enough

Jay

Playa

Thanx Johnny
Mike looking forward to have you over. Mike please get in touch with dgasm regarding club afiliation.
Jay you rock, I hope you get yours up and running soon:)

Back to frags or mini colonies that I expect a lot from:) My way to get out of being totally bored and out of the picture:)

Here is a Blue Gomezi acropora(inch per inch the pretiest coral in my reef) I got this Acropora from Patrick at Reeflife in Ft Lauderdale, FL from a pristine shipment of corals from Bali.

Last edited:

mane3215

Originally posted by Playa
My favorite all time frag of zoos. Large polyps and have a neon green center that can be easily fed. Begging is not the word, again Todd and Glenn came through for me. I sure hope to see many new polyps.

These guys have a large colony in their show tank in Jersey and they guard it like gold.

Gosh my back hurts:-( I need a little break from the puter:)

Damn, I must have a frag of these, what store has them?

Playa

This is another one of the few colonies of zoos I have in my reef. This one is in the sand bed as are the others, hoping that they will not extend to the live rock.

I got this species from Scott shop in Palm Beach at fantaseas. It had only 6 polyps in December.

Playa

Mane I got them from Absolutely fish in Clifton, NJ. You can ask for Glenn or Todd.

This is the Surhasonoi that David was refering to.

Playa

Back to frags or mini colonies:)

From Adam this frag of his neon green slimer that has survived hell at times, took no time in starting to encrust, in a week it was already growing over the glue. So this one could be one of the most pleasant to look at when I get back.

Playa

And the Acanthastrea Lordhowensis that had jus a little over 20 polyps when I left. Got this beauty from Chris at RM.

brian_e

as of right now my tanks looks like crap think iam going to start to take it down this weekend or next weekend and will have it set back up by th etime u get home and ready for frags :) and i still hav eyour cap frag just getting bigger and bigger

Tarasco

Luis, what are the setting on your Tunze Turbelle controller? Do you like the flow that you're getting, or would you do anything different?

Playa

Good luck with your work Brian. Man that frag sure it is looking sweet, it just needs to be blasted with a little radium light and ka- Booom. Thanx a lot brian for your patience(you are #1 there)

Mane you crack me up:)
Craig thanx bro. That blasto is sweet yea:) it is hard to take a bad picture of it.

Tarasco my friend Joe did take care of the settings and had the turbelles running at 50% thereabouts, I have since encreased the intensity to almost 100%.

Here is another prime frag from Adam. When it arrived at home the frag was broken in pieces(he stepped on it by accident :) But he carefully glued it back together and came up with this shape. I hope this plating Montipora with blue purple polyps(not encrusting and not the peltiformis)has taken off.

Playa

A couple of mini colonies that I had aclimating on the sandbed before I glued them to the rock a week or so before I left. One is the acropora Horrida a little to the left and back from the Acropora Multiacuta. Both are placed half on the water column with the horrida getting a little less flow. Acropora Horridas are fairly common now, the Multiacuta is not.

addict

Dang... I strive to have maybe 3 or 4 amazing corals in my tank, and your entire tank is amazing corals... LOL :D
Ah well... when I finally upgrade to a 240g or 360g tank I'll know what to do now... :D
As always, it's a pleasure viewing your pix... thanks for sharing.

Playa

Thanx David, but all your corals really rock. How is the Blue gorgonian doing?

Here is a frag I got from Jim in Oregon. He also got me a frag of the famous Oregon tort that I cant find a picture of:)