Octoman's 55 gallons of euphoria

Octoman

Thanks Scott! I do, I've been keeping an eye on him since you mentioned that yours had been misbehaving, no trouble so far...

Octoman

Thanks Blake! He was flexing his claws right after he dismembered his girlfriend shortly after I introduced them to the tank. Don't worry, her claws and legs grew back and now they are inseparable!

Hi Brenda, thanks! Yep, its been too long, I'll try not to let it go so long next time...

Octoman

I promised more updates, so here goes.

Not much different in the tank. I added a little duncan last weekend. Seems to be doing ok so far...

tat008.jpg

Some new algae growing beside the millepora...

mille-3.jpg

And a new FTS for today...

FTS-16.jpg

Octoman

Thanks Allen! I've gotta tear the tank down and move it all the way up the east coast to Connecticut in about two months. That should be fun...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Beautiful! That move is going to be complicated with that xenia all over the back wall. What do you plan on doing with that?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Connecticut? That's one heck of a move! It would probably be better for the tank to just bring to Me and leave everything here :D

BarbMazz

He's going to send me a bunch of it so I can see if I can get it to grow this time. :D

Not really. But I'd buy a sprig, Mark, when the time comes.

Octoman

I'll be trashing the xenia on the back wall, I scrape a bunch of it off every couple weeks anyway, otherwise it plugs up the overflow. It grows back crazy fast.

I guess I could make a bunch of frags instead of tossing it out...

hma

Hi Mark ....just stopping by ...
your problem with the Xenias I know very well, You just have them removed, they are already back. :flaming:

Octoman

Quick update. I moved the tank (and me). Everything made it fine and its all looking happy now! Currently the tank is BB and I'm not quite sure if I'm going to put sand back in yet. I'm thinking about trying to get a nice mushroom carpet growing on the bottom instead of sand...

I'll get some pics up soon. Still lots of settling in to do here, and I gotta find a job soon!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yeah I don't know about "soon" but better late than never :)

What made you decide to go SAND again?