My new Cube !!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Try losing 120 crabs to a Birdmouth Wrasse.

Now that's what I call an appetite, can't believe he wiped them all out. What do you use for a cleanup crew ?

purple tipped acro (or is it a tri-tip?)

It's a purple tip but unfortunately the pic doesn't do it justice the purple is just not as vivid in the pic guess I have to play a little more with the camera :columbo:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thank guys :)
Unfortunately the problems continue...most of the SPS have lost their color due to not properly acclimating them to the new XM 10k bulb, although initially they reacted very well but the drastic increase in PAR levels was more than they could bear, hopefully I haven't lost them. I also lost my beautiful Scott's Wrasse which led me to taking the tank apart and finally removing the Dottyback and the Flame hawk which continually harassed both Wrasses, it hit me hard losing the Scott's I had grown really attached to him he had a rare color morph and was eating right out of my hand even would let me caress him.

I have added a new Velvet Wrasse aka Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura and will also replace the lost Scott's Wrasse. Will post some pics when I pick him up on tuesday.

mnreefman

its a shame to hear about the scotts wrasse they are wonderful additions. best of luck with the sunburnt sps... hopefully they will come around

Gina

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear of your problems Robert! Hopefully, things will turn around for you and you won't loose any more corals.

Looking forward to pics of the new fish!

Maxx

Hey Robert,
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the tank. I've been going through some obnoxious issues myself with my tank so I can sympathize. The tough part IMO is staying motivated through all the tough times and the frustrating trials and tribulations of reefkeeping. I've pretty much gotten a handle on my issues (or figured out how to get them solved), so I feel better about the tank. But for awhile there, I didnt want to even look at the tank....
Keep your chin up man....You'll get through it.

Besides, if you get discouraged and quit posting things, how else are we gonna get our fix?

:D

Nick

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx everyone for the kind words.

The tough part IMO is staying motivated through all the tough times and the frustrating trials and tribulations of reefkeeping

Very well said Nick !
It's been really frustrating to see especially the Caps decline they were doing do well and had grown considerably from small frags now they have algea all over them now, I don't think they will recover and I feel like such an idiot for not aclimating them properly should've known better.

Looking forward to pics of the new fish!

More bad news, the Scott's Wrasse is at the LFS and has been in a QT for a week but has developed Ick so he will continue to be there until he recovers.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Here's a pic of the Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura which is doing very well and eating like a pig :)

Attachments

• 135_3586.JPG
    135_3586.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 131

jhnrb

good looking Euphylia. i like how it is positioned on the rock. looks to have good circulation around it. nice piece.

Last edited:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Here's a better pic of the Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura it's very difficult to get a good pic just a great swimmer :)

18135_3593.JPG

Here's the Brain eating under actinics and the Ricordia eating a rather large pieco of Scallop :)

Attachments

• 135_3588.JPG
    135_3588.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 135_3598.JPG
    135_3598.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 512

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx Doni, mnreefman and jhnrb!
It looks like I'm gunna have to hit BrianE for more Cap frags I'm not noticing any polyp extension on the Red, Green and Purple Rim :rollingey