My new Cube !!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx everyone for the kind comments:)

I would like some opinions on a final fish or do you think I've reached my stocking limit ? I would like to add some SPS frags soon my parameters are all good with nitrates barely detectable.
Cal/alk I'm checking tomorrow at the LFS.

Brucey

Jeez Robbie. It looking great. Check out the size of those Turbo's. They're huge. Great looking setup and nice softies in there buddy. Well done
Brucey

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well I figure I should update this thread :)
I added some SPS frags and some Zoo's and a few Rics I also added 2 Seios one 620 and an 1100 unfortunately it was too much flow for the LPS so had to deflect some of the flow towards the SPS on the left side of the tank.

My Orange tip BTA split for the second time into 3. I lost a couple of Beautiful Clams to PM and constant nipping from my Potter's. I also lost my Elegance after 2 years just didn't do very well in the new tank. My Regal Tang also went on a killing spree and killed several fish including the oldest fish I had a large male Yellow watchman and a Red Margin Wrasse :flaming: so he had to be removed...When I had the Yellow watchman pair they would also hunt and kill any other Goby I added to the tank :grr:

My current fish:
Yellow watchman
Potter's Angel
Solar Fairy
Scott's Fairy
Sunrise Dottyback
Flame Hawk

Anyway here's a recent pic :)

134_3443.jpg

Maxx

Sorry to hear about your losses Robert. If its any consolation, your tank looks great. It will only be a matter of time before those corals all grow in and the tank is truly eye catching. Love the hammer BTW.

Nick

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Maxx said:
Sorry to hear about your losses Robert. If its any consolation, your tank looks great. It will only be a matter of time before those corals all grow in and the tank is truly eye catching. Love the hammer BTW.

Nick

ditto~

Gina

RS STAFF
Your tank looks great! Sorry for the problems you had with some of your fish and corals.

Just curious, but, does your dottyback throw sand around?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanks y'all :)

Forgot to mention that I also lost all my corraline growth on the glass, for some reason my alk went to 14dKH and my cal dropped to the low 300's so I decided to stop using B-Ionic 2 part, it was just too difficult to figure out what to add and the constant testing just annoyed me so decided to go with Kalk drip and Turbo Calcium when necessary and the levels have been rock solid since then.

Gina the Dottyback does do that occasionally and I really want to get rid of him, he was a big mistake adding to the tank, I actually did it because I wanted more aggressive fish to deal with the Tang but he was removed and now I'm stuck with the dottyback.

It's so difficult to take macro's of the SPS since the tank is so wide and the SPS are in the back part of the tank so I decided to take a top shot so you can see the growth at least on the Caps I got from BrianE.

Not a good pic but you can see how they've encrusted the rock and have grown considerably from small frags.
134_3457.jpg

134_3479.jpg

134_3470.jpg

134_3471.jpg

127_2707.jpg

127_2706.jpg

126_2692.jpg

134_3404.jpg

133_3351.jpg

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
Nice shots! I see a fish peeking out on the R of the zoa shot!
Have to agree about the Dottyback! We have an Orchid Dottyback. We've had her/him now for about 2 years and the biggest problem is throwing out sand! I can't have any corals on the bottom or even an inch or two up on the rocks because of it. It's a cool fish but, can't say I'd ever get another one!!

Brucey

Hey Rob . . . . . awsome tank dood. It looks fantastic, and although the overhead shot loses the detail through the surface water, i kinda like it. Just an unusual shot to take. I might turn all my circulation off and try a few shots too. Never had a dottyback matey, but from what Gina says, it might be easier to go BB than to deal with the little fella's habits. The price we sometimes pay for a fish eh. Try losing 120 crabs to a Birdmouth Wrasse. Now there is a lesson only learnt once.

Brucey

ScottT1980

Awesome tank buddy, I love the wrasses and that purple tipped acro (or is it a tri-tip?). I have gotten to were I really like what you can do with a cube, and yours looks great!

Take er easy
Scott T.