My new Cube !!!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I think it will come back like all madness! in a way its been in repair mode for a while, sand bed looks nice so keep putting up the pics! I used to use clr when the ceramic shafts froze up, are you dripping kalk? thats a pretty hefty build up what is the heater like?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I think it will come back like all madness! in a way its been in repair mode for a while, sand bed looks nice so keep putting up the pics! I used to use clr when the ceramic shafts froze up, are you dripping kalk? thats a pretty hefty build up what is the heater like?

Thanks Steve.
The heater well I'm on the 5th one but have always had to clean them off regularly but the PVC is the shocker. I did stop dosing kalk but there was a time I was a heavy user in addition to calcium chloride.
I have no access to the rear of the tank so taking the PVC apart is out of the question, I'm just gunna buy a cordless dremmel and grind it out and hope for the best...lol

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well after waiting as long as possible I had to act. The flow from my return pump was down to a trickle so had the redo the plumbing on the return line and what a pain it was, took me all day. Here's some photos of what it looked I can't believe the pump didn't blow up...lol

034.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I ended up going heavy duty with 1” SCH 80 Bulkhead Slip x Thread (Slip on the Flange/Head side) 1” Schedule 80 Cepex Ball Valve funny thing is the bulkhead didn't fit :hammerhea

Thankfully there's a Dremel :smoking:

036.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well it's been a while since I last posted some photos of the tank so here's an update :eek:lsmile:
I had a large green Monti cap on the left wall but it collapsed under it's own weight so since I couldn't put it anywhere else I just ended up removing it.

021-1.jpg

024.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

034-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

049.jpg

046.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanks Steve and Glenn.

Going thru my photos my Stylo has been thru a lot but keeps on chugging along, this is a photo about 3+ years ago:

187_8728.jpg

And here it is now:

049.jpg