Mike's Little Reef

Gina

RS STAFF
I take it from the pictures you got your algae problem under control. Everything is looking good mike. I love that red table frag. Awesome color!

mps9506

Mostly under control. I have to get rid of my banded serpant/brittle star because I discovered he eats my snails, which probably is most of the problem.
A few of my rocks are still spewing out crap in my low nutrient tank. But I think once I get my cleanup crew re stocked I will be set. I really don't have to siphon very much stuff out any more and have started doing water changes weekly with NSW from the local aquaculture facility.
As a result my Ca and alk are dropping to closer to NSW levels, and I "think" but have no proof that my corals and tank seems a bit better off because of it.
I have my euroreef set to skim as wet as possible, and it doesn't skim too much anymore. I need to mod the outlet on it with the gate valve so I can get it to skim even wetter.
Mike

mps9506

New shot of the tank:

379newadditiontankshot.jpg

mps9506

I replaced the skimmer witha Euroreef. Much more efficient skimmer. I get just as much if not more skimmate (I run my skimmate very wet now so I guess technically I get more) but use much less power, and it's much easier to clean.

mps9506

New fish, Bodianus bimaculatus, aka candy hog, two spot hog, yellow hog etc etc.
One of the best hogfish to keep in reef aquariums. I had orignally ordered a wetmorella wrasse from the wholesaler but this is what they sent me. I think I can live with it.
Keep in mind he is hard to photographer, kind of like trying to take a picture of a bullet being shot out of a gun :)
I was also playing around with the reeflife actions from travis, and the pictures weren't so sharp to begin with.

379IMG_1095.jpg

379IMG_1089.jpg

Maxx

Very Nice!!!! I'm jealous!! I know how rare those are to get. Tell me you got a better price on that the Marine Center was offering on one a couple of months past....Otherwise, will you be my sugar daddy???????????
Nick

mps9506

~4inches full grown, it is about 3-3.5 right now. He eats like a pig, isn't shy and is sooooo bright. It's like a little yellow neon light swimming through my tank.
I was only charging $45 it at the store since it was a mistake shipment, but no one bit, so I said screw it and took him home. I had never been able to get one on purpose before, and who knows when I could get another one.
I don't think he is a jumper, and I'm praying he won't jump(open top, already tried and failed with the fairy wrasse), doesn't seem skittish at all so I think he won't be going airborne anytime...