Mike's Little Reef

mps9506

Man, I forgot that a reef chronicles forum was started up.
Guess it is time to start my own little thread with pictures now that I have a camera :)
Here are the specs on my setup:

40gallon Breeder display tank
30 gallon sump

2x250 AB 10k Halides in a PFO Parallel Reflector (This reflector rocks)
36" tall Mazzei powered Lifereef Skimmer (old school style) powered by a Mag 12
Mag 9.5 return pump with a 3/4" SeaSwirl on the end.
3xMaxijet 1200, and one Hag Aquaclear (unknown size) powerhead for circulation.
Auto topoff from Autotopoff.com feeds 2.5 gallons of Kalk into my system a day to make up for evap.

That would be how my system is today. I have a Aquaspacelight on order, I decided I want to go the HQI route, hope it gets here soon.

Mike

mps9506

Now for some pictures:
Here is a shot of the lights and top of the tank. The hang on Power filter is normally not there, I was running carbon after treating with Flatworm exit.
3.jpg

ScottT1980

Looks good mang...although the skimmer, sump, and lights pictures aren't showing up on my PC

Take er easy
Scott T.

mps9506

Originally posted by ScottT1980
Looks good mang...although the skimmer, sump, and lights pictures aren't showing up on my PC

Take er easy
Scott T.

Are these working for anyone else?
Mike

mps9506

BTW, if anyone can draw up plans for a stand that will fit a 36x18 tank AND fit a 36" long sump underneath please lemme know.
Or if anyone nearby can build one let me know.

More pictures in a little while.
Mike

mps9506

Guess it is time to post some updated pics of my reef tank.
It is mucho different now.
I've since removed most of the live rock that was injfested with macro algae. I'm down to I assume 25 or 30 pounds.
I've changed skimmers from the lifereef to a much more efficent Euroreef ES5-3.
My pride and joy Stag STN'ed due to red bugs, so did my blue unknown colony :(
Everything else looks healthy, I plan on getting two or three more corals and then treating it with interceptor, and calling it a day, just sit back and watch everything grow, maybe another clam. Still saving for a Ca reactor also...

Oh here are some crummy pics I took with the lights off. Just camera flash and a dirty front glass panel. Sorry for the quality...

379tankshot2.jpg

379tankshot.jpg

Yea, I need ot siphon the bottom tommorow...

Mike

mps9506

Thanks Craig. I'll try to get a good top down shot of it during the day. The colors on it are awesome. It was a good $40 crocea, was gaping at the store I got it from, and still does, but seems to be doing good otherwise. I've had it for about 3 months or so now....

Here is a picture of my favorite coral in the tank. Got it from my buddy's colony, this pic was taken a few months ago I think, but it hasn't grown a cm since so it is pretty accurate :)
Starting to get some blue tips now though...

379tableacro_filtered.jpg

I'm praying to the acro gods it will start growing....