ID of this sweet macroalgae? (Pic)

reefer4200

hey blake if i could get a piece that would be awesome. maybe i could trade you? is there anything your interested in? OTherwise i can buy a piece...?! :)

Thanks buddy!

BigJay

Yes it is. I can really find much information on it other than the name. It must be rare.

well all I can see its a red sea macro. Honestly unless your a biologist and specialize in the study of algaes its very difficult to find information on almost all of them. What info out there must be deciphered by people who are used to reading scientific texts and/or have a library of specalized books.
Until the keeping of macros in the DT becomes popular people just aren't going to take the time to make info available to the common people. Its really baffling to me why the popularity is so low considering there are some macros out there that can put a coral to shame. I think things like calaurpa really have handicapped that part of the hobby.

SeahorseBT

I see your point Big Jay. I agree with you too, some macros put certain corals to shame. I don't know why they aren't more popular.
hey blake if i could get a piece that would be awesome. maybe i could trade you? is there anything your interested in? OTherwise i can buy a piece...?! :)

Thanks buddy!
Sure. I want to grow it on to a rock and fragg the rock instead of just pulling it off and reattaching it. I am interested in rics, acans. chalices, or some zoas. Let me know what you have and we should be able to work something out.

Amnestia

Got 3 acan frags that you can choose from for a frag of that = ) . PM me your email.

that thing looks like it might be hard to frag, looks like its filled with fluid similar to bubble algae

BigJay

very smart. Gluing down macros never works long term. by the way the growth looks layering rubble around it will probably be a very easy way to spread the love.

Thanks! I will have to find some.
I've heard that stuff grows pretty fast, I'm sure you will have plenty to sell to those on the list. :)

6th! lol