Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

cbrownfish

cbrownfish: "Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic"

All: "Hi Ron!"

After some discussion in my Zoanthid Tribute thread, it was determined that we need to officially offer a Reef-a-holics Anonymous (RA) resource to the forum members. Most of us are hopelessly addicted to this hobby and may need to consider alternative hobbies, activities or lifestyles. If nothing else, you may score points with the family, if you can show them that your are trying to reform (NOT!). :bs:

Please sign up below. :clink: Here are your charter members:

Ron (cbrownfish)
Lynn (lcstorc)
Sandy (sandyc)
Brenda (sambrinar)

Please note -- the sub group "Overfeeders Anonymous" (OA), holds workshops every other week! :turntable

I my name is Cody and I'm a Reef-A-Holic. I've been reefing for 3 years and I just can't seem to break the habit. Anything for a frag. :cry1: Just one rare Zoa frag pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I have to get my fix. :jester:

framerguy

Ha, this is great. It seems that most folks in this hobby have...uhhh, restraint issues!? You want to just dabble at first..you know, see how it goes...then WHAM!.. your a reef-a-holic...it never fails. I have been one for two years and four months. I started with a 55g, then a 75g, now a 375g with the 55 and 75 as refugiums!...where does it end? I graduated the twelth step at Overfeeders anonymous and have been cured thank goodness. I'm glad I could join here!

sambrinar

Hi, My name is Brenda and I am a reef-a-holic

"hi Brenda"

I'm just checking in. My addiction started in March, and rapidly took a spiral down, currently working on upgrading my 12 gal to a 30. then adding a 210 in my office....

I got my most recent fix on Friday, purchased my first Florida Ric from Cherry Corals :D.. should be good for a few weeks

I am also going to be attending the OA every other week.. My overfeeding has greatly reduced, but I am still needing support..

Ohh one more thing... I am also a RS addict, just ask my hubby "stupid fish site" he mumbles under breath :D

Thanks CB for starting our support group. I have been inquiring about OA since May

Last edited:

sandyc

Ha, this is great. It seems that most folks in this hobby have...uhhh, restraint issues!? You want to just dabble at first..you know, see how it goes...then WHAM!.. your a reef-a-holic...it never fails. I have been one for two years and four months. I started with a 55g, then a 75g, now a 375g with the 55 and 75 as refugiums!...where does it end? I graduated the twelth step at Overfeeders anonymous and have been cured thank goodness. I'm glad I could join here!

Where do I sign up for Overfeeders anonymous? Can I belong to two programs at once?:hug1:

Brenda, My husband mumbles too. Last time we were at the LFS he was telling his favorite salesperson about my fish geek site and about some info I got here. She promptly told him that my info was absolutely correct!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hey Ron! Today is step 5: Bring a fish Friend.
Did you bring a fish friend?

sambrinar

Where do I sign up for Overfeeders anonymous? Can I belong to two programs at once?:hug1:

Brenda, My husband mumbles too. Last time we were at the LFS he was telling his favorite salesperson about my fish geek site and about some info I got here. She promptly told him that my info was absolutely correct!

I need 3 programs, RA, OA and RSA (reef sanctuary anonymous) LOL... Sure you can be in as many programs as you want :wave:

cbrownfish

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic.

Hmmmm....RSA seems a bit counter productive to the forum....no? :D

Frankie, here are some of my fishy friends --

2313105843_9d3d26fc61.jpg

2313105907_fde333cca1.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi my name is Woodstock. I might get kicked out of this club because I am a very bad influence :( I really tried to keep just ONE marine tank but alas, I now have over a dozen and am thinking of getting more. HELP!:doh:

Ohh... I have plenty of finned friends for those of you that are lacking them:invisible :invisible
20081010snowcassos004.jpg

sandyc

LOL:wave: Woodstock, you certainly are a bad influence, but you need to be here with the rest of us. I had one 29 gallon tank with two clowns before I read your thread. Now I have 3 baby tanks with 20 babies and a batch of eggs that are due to hatch next week. :whstlr:By the way, nice baby photo!

sambrinar

Hi my name is Woodstock. I might get kicked out of this club because I am a very bad influence :( I really tried to keep just ONE marine tank but alas, I now have over a dozen and am thinking of getting more. HELP!:doh:
Yes you are, as a matter of fact I am # 35 on your list, and we love your "bad" influence :winner:

lcstorc

Notice I am on the original list.
I also need to be on the original list for overfeeders anonymous.
Where and when are the appropriate meetings? How many fish friends can we bring from each tank? Is there a number of tanks limit?
BTW I am a witness to Woodstock insisting she could absolutely positively only have one tank. No possible way she could have another.
I was getting my 2nd at the time and laughed at her.
We need a logo or something to put in our signature or at least a special font and color.