Fish & Reef Obsession

Fish Crazy

Yesterday Jack and his sone Wheeler came over to move the sand and rock from the 3 other tanks and put it into the new 180 plus add 180lbs more sand and about 250lbs of rock

HPIM0787_Medium_.JPG

First Jack puts power strips in and hangs power boxes for lights on inside of stand and puts skimmer in sump (this may be Jack's best side what do you thing?)

HPIM0786_Medium_.JPG

That is Jack working and Wheeler watching he said that way he could learn how to do it right

HPIM0788_Medium_.JPG

Wheeler taking sand out of 55 after removing rocks and fish which are in the trashcan

Fish Crazy

Jack adding sand
HPIM0795_Medium_.JPG

HPIM0794_Medium_1.JPG

...and more sand

HPIM0796_Medium_.JPG

This picture is just for Vicki :jester: Jack adding rocks

HPIM0798_Medium_.JPG

This is the tank just after all the rocks and sand added

HPIM0801_Medium_.JPG

Last bit of water going in - notice Wheeler's shirt all wet, he had a challenging time with the hose - he, he, he (He also had a hard time with the door when taking stuff out to the truck)

Fish Crazy

24 hrs after rock and sand added

Here is what the tank looks like today - we have not cleaned the glass so please excuse

HPIM0805_Medium_.JPG

HPIM0806_Medium_.JPG

I have to be out of town next week, but there my be some aquascaping going on before I leave

Techno-Vicki

(this may be Jack's best side what do you thing?) Oh yes:) Way cute. Wow girls! Looking really good. Wheeler still has the scratches on his arm he is quite proud of. Oh to have a 180...It is clearing up rather nicely:D I would like to come see it in person soon.

Fish Crazy

(this may be Jack's best side what do you thing?) Oh yes:) Way cute. Wow girls! Looking really good. Wheeler still has the scratches on his arm he is quite proud of. Oh to have a 180...It is clearing up rather nicely:D I would like to come see it in person soon.

I couldn't believe that Wheeler scratched his arm trying to figure out if he could jump the fence, in case I locked him out - crazy kid. You should have seen the look on his face when he spilled salt water down his arm.

Even with only rock and sand I've enjoyed watching it clear up today

We can definatley set up a time for you to come over and see the tank and give us some ideas on corals

Fish Crazy

That's gonna be cool.

I'm curius... what's that orange on teh walls called?? :D *leafs through paint sample cards*

I already sit and stare at the tank

The color does not come out very well in pictures but it is from Freeze paint and it is called Extravigants - it's a southwest type of color