Fish & Reef Obsession

Fish Crazy

Busy weekend we have started ripping up the carpet to put the new floor down but first we had to move the 29 gal and the 55 gal out of the way - here are some pictures:

55_ready.jpg
all equip out ready to move rock

55_rock_out.jpg
rock out taking out water

H2L_Rock.jpg
one can with rocks, the other with water for the fish

cart2.jpg
tank to be slid onto cart

cart_5.jpg
tank ready to be put on stand in new location

So the tank is set back up, it took about an hour to do the move, all of the fish are great and very little stress. One causualty when I was trying to find a fitting to fix the one that broke on the gamma UV, it fell on floor and broke the blub and glass sleve so I'm out a UV on this tank

Rest of the day will be spend putting down new floor and moving the stand into place - I'll post photos later of the progress

Fish Crazy

We purchased the lift cart at harbor freight for $200 and it is rated at 1000 lbs and has been a great purchase - it is sometimes difficult with two people to get things moved around but this is a back saver and paid for itself already

tbittner

Does that cart lift up and down too? Man, I wish I would have had that a while ago. Congrats on the successful move!

Fish Crazy

So today will be exciting - The floor will be ready for the tank and stand to be moved into place. Jack is coming over later to move the tank onto the stand and then start plumbing the tank so I'm sure I'll have good pictures of his royal purpleness in all of it's glory

Fish Crazy

Moving Day - very exciting here are pictures of the new tank being moved into place

HPIM0766.JPG

stand ready and waiting

HPIM0767_Medium_.JPG

Tank on 2 furniture dollies - moving very slow

HPIM0768_Medium_.JPG

Tank up on the stand - we used the lift cart to get tank level with stand then transfer over to stand

This took longer today then planned - as all things do so we still need to put down the laminent flooring in the rest of the room - Jack is coming over Tues to plumb and should have fish in tank by weekend (maybe)
HPIM0769_Medium_.JPG

Jack making me a list of all the plumbing I forgot to pick up

tbittner

That is a BEAUTIFUL tank and stand! How come I don't see a big level being used in any of those pics??? :lol: :D

Fish Crazy

So today while I was out working Jack came over and started the plumbing of the tank, my partner did not take pictures so Jack was saved from the embaresment of the purple hands - however once again I did not have all the parts so he will have to come back and finish the job tomorrow or thursday then I'll post pictures

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Well there 72" LED came in day before yesterday I know how come noone else can get them. I sell alot of these fixtures so I have #1 position when they are available.

I will finish this tank soon then more pictures I am sure of it