Fish & Reef Obsession

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Well today I finished the plumbing of this tank. Lisa ordered the 1" Flow Accelorators & man do they flow 1000x better than the 3/4" version. I took some pictures however I am going to wait & see if lisa or lynn post thier pictures first next step sand rock & SW.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Lisa do you want me to post the current pictures I know these picture hounds are chomping @ the bit

Fish Crazy

Plumbed and Water In

Jack came over on Sunday and fiished the plumbing - of course I still had to run get fittings because I was short a few elbows - note to self buy extra next time - so here are the pics of the plumbing by the King of Purple (sorry no pictures of Jack this time)

HPIM0778_Medium_.JPG

Here are in drain and return lines

HPIM0779_Medium_.JPG

Here are the gate valves which can be used to control the flow back into the tank - I also put an outdoor cover over the electrical plug to protect it from water

HPIM0780_Medium_.JPG

Here is a full shot of the sump with the Mag 24

HPIM0781_Medium_.JPG

Here is the power supply for the 72" Solaris these will be hung on the wall or inside the stand

Water_In.JPG

Here is the full shot with water in the tank (Chauncey was making sure Jack did everything just right)

Fish Crazy

Cloudy Tank

This morning when we got up the water in the tank was very cloudy:eek: . Not sure the cause but when Jack filled the tank we put in 1/2 gallon of vinegar to clean everything off and this maybe the return of that

Cloudy.JPG

HPIM0777.JPG

Fish Crazy

I forgot to mention the sponge under the Mag 24 was used to reduce sound because I had not picked up a gel mousepad yet

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Looking GOOD! You're fortunate to have "Da Man" on board there to help!!

LOVE that light!! :)

Fish Crazy

I'm very excited too I can't wait to have everything in the tank

It's been very nice to have Jack - and the LED's are incredible we sat there last night with them on just watching the water flow

Fish Crazy

Once the sand comes in Jack will coe over to start putting in sand and rock. We are transfering sand and rocks from the other tanks so the cycling should go very fast - hope is to have livestock and corals into the new tank in about a week - keep those fingers crossed - we will post pics of aquascaping and progress as we go along

Fish Crazy

Today we drained the tank and Jack came over to move sand and water from my 3 other tanks, plus add new sand and water to start the cycle of the new tanks - don't worry pictures to follow shortly

Techno-Vicki

Yes....waiting for the pics. Wheeler told me about being 'locked out.' Too funny. To bad you didn't get pics of that.