Current Problems with ReefSanctuary.com 8/82012

ReefLady

Staff member
It has been a consistent issue ever since a recent server software update and I'm sorry. I have asked our hosting provider, realwebhost, to escalate the issue until we get satisfactory performance. They have always come through for me and I expect they will this time as well.

I'll keep you posted in this thread.

T

Choff

Ever since I dual bonded a 2nd 56K modem to my rig for twice the speed I have been rock solid! You might want try it. :whstlr:

Tru2nr

Sorry guys...its my fault i downloaded tapatalk finally....:what:

...60% of the time it works every time

Tokalosh

I am on comcast cable... for what it's worth & not related to RS server, but from my provider, I am getting...

TEST RESULT
25.34 Mb/s Download
3.66 Mb/s Upload

I also get server errors and my test results are..

TEST RESULT
70.30 Mb/s Download
75.19 Mb/s Upload

Tok

BLADEYAMAHA

Still having problems, running really slow, had a : Internal Server Error:500 and the webpage would not come up when all other websites are working such as Facebook and such, Ebay, etc.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
When searching this thread http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/40252-rsm-130-130d-mods.html

for Keyword Skimmer

getting this error.... wonder if some of the server problems are related to Search functions?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@reefsanctuary.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

zchauvin

I've got one. Don't know if anyone mentioned it but if you click forum it send you too new or whatever r

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

DaveK

I'm not seeing any issues with RS as of now. However, I have seen such problems before. Sometimes clearing your browsers cachc, history and/or cookies will fix things up. Sometimes the problem can be the browser your using. To test, download another browser, install it and try using that for RS. You may also have some sort of blocking add on or other software causing an issue. Try turning any addons and such off.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I manage an IT shop & use Google Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Opera, and Safari browers accessing RS from 3 different PCs & one new Mac - have good virus protection & no other probelms on any other site here either. I use Google Chrome most, but have & use the others to help users & test our companies web pages.

99% of the day all seems fine... but I am on a lot & search a lot... a few times a day I see lag, a few times a day recently timeouts where the server is rebooting (down for short periods) the Search errors - seems to happen from with in a thread... searching, not from a Forum page search & these errors happen pretty frequently

If this helps...T I know he is working with the host company to fix.

ReefLady

Staff member
Please continue to report when you get problems. I'm working with the hosting company to flag exactly when they are happening so that they can be diagnosed.

If it's slow, let me know that. If it's throwing an error page, let me know the error please.

Thanks!