Search results

1. L

Way to much calcium

Kalk (short for kalkwasser aka limewater) is calcium hydroxide. Hopefully you meant alk (alkalinity) additives, like buffer, washing soda, etc. If you did mean kalk, that will just increase your already high calcium. Here's a few links on calcium & alkalinity: Kalkwasser Calcium and...
  2. L

Fowlr Trouble!!! Please Help!!! All My Fish Are Dying!!!

A friend lost a number of fish because of a plug-in air freshener that wasn't very close to the tank. Anything airborne can cause problems.
  3. L

I don't know what else to do? Please help

If you can remove any of the rocks with HA on them, you can take them out of the tank, use a soft toothbrush & old saltwater (from water change) & scrub the HA off of them, then rinse very well - swish rigorously in old sw, & then swish in new sw before returning to the tank. Doing this helped...
  4. L

clownfish troubles

Our clowns did not start laying eggs for over a year - around 15 months. In a 55g tank. I'd agree with above posts - a 12 gallon seems kinda small. Gotta remember that in breeder tanks, there is not much in the tank besides something for the fish to lay eggs on - doesn't sound like that's the...
  5. L

Posting Question - am I approved?

Thanks all! Thanks Frankie - appreciate that. Just curious though, when I Preview a post, I get this at the top of the page: "Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter. in /global.php(373) : eval()'d code on line 109" Doesn't seem to affect the post, just thought I'd let ya know...
  6. L

Posting Question - am I approved?

Hi there - been lurking here for a while & finally decided to post. However, when I try to post, it says my post has to be approved, and then apparently I'm not approved, cuz I never see my post again. This is my second or third attempt (& last if it doesn't work) . I just tried to help with...
  7. L

Need a Few ID's

The things in the bottom photos appear to be Orange Ball Anemones (Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum). The ones in my tank aren't as bright orange as in the link & most of mine are more clear than the one in the photos. I don't think they get as much coloration when they stay out of the light...
  8. Orange Ball Anemone

Orange Ball Anemone

9. Orange Ball Anemone

Orange Ball Anemone

10. L

HOB Lighting? Does it exist?

I got one of these for my quarantine tank: Aquarium Lighting & LED Lights: Azoo Neo-Light at Foster & Smith Aquatics It's not very bright, but for 7.5 gallons, how much light do you need? :) And typically I shop at the same store the others linked to cuz of better prices, but for some...
  11. L

Water Change Help

Typically for a water change in any tank, you want to vacuum the substrate (or stuff off the bare bottom) & rocks in the display to remove detritus, thus removing the water from the display. You can add it back in wherever, just try to avoid pouring it directly onto corals & try not to splash...
  12. L

Pods eating anemone

Never heard of a PC T5. Is it Power Compact lighting or T-5 lighting? (or have they combined them now & I am living in the dark ages?) And I'm guessing the tank is a 34gallon? A little on the small side for a BTA, especially for a less established tank. If you're feeding every other day...