Search results

1. InLimbo87

InLimbo87's 90 Gallon Piece of Ocean

Welcome all to my 90 gallon journal! For years I've kept various nano tanks (biocube 14 and 29, oceanic 33 cube), and I've finally taken the leap into a larger tank. So far, I've found it easier and more forgiving than my nanos. It has been setup for a few months now after I cycled for nearly 3...
  2. InLimbo87

FS: AquaC Remora w Prefilter Box

I have an AquaC Remora w/ MJ 1200 for sale. Comes with skimmer, pump, and AquaC's prefilter surface skimming box. Price is 145 shipped in the Continental US. PM me if interested.
  3. InLimbo87

Need help from all you Equipment Junkies!!

I've got an interesting problem, that I can't seem to find anyone with experience with online. I bought a Sunpod used and have used it for about a month (supposedly used for about 5 months prior). Now, what has been happening is that the bulb all of a sudden gets extremely yellow near the end...
  4. InLimbo87

Easy in-tank frag rack solution!

Ran across these on another forum just a few days ago and figured I'd post it up here for any that would find this helpful. They're called mag racks, and are basically frag racks designed to be magneted (is that even a word) anywhere to the glass in your tank. I like the...
  5. InLimbo87

Acan Echinata Care

Just picked up a good sized colony of what I believe to be Acan Echinata. Got a killer deal on it. I've got a couple questions for anyone knowledgeable on these: 1. Is there any specific care (lighting/flow) I should know about? 2. I've heard they're aggressive when things fall onto...
  6. InLimbo87

InLimbo87's Oceanic 33g Cube Thread

My Nanocube 12 is no more :( However, its been moved into my new Oceanic 33! :D I used to have an oceanic 30 about a year ago, and sold it in the hopes of upgrading (ended up actually downgrading for a bit). But here I am again! Hoping to one-up my old tank. Here's some Info on the...
  7. InLimbo87

What species is my clown?

For the longest time, I've thought my clown was a true perc, but now someone is questioning that on another forum and says it looks more like a false perc. What do you guys think?
  8. InLimbo87

Limbo Caught the Upgrading bug!

Although its nothing huge, I've decided to move my NC12g into an Oceanic 33g cube. I got a great deal locally on the cherry tank/stand (petco was clearing their last one out). Pics coming in the next couple days when I put more than just water/sand in it... :apimp:
  9. InLimbo87

JBJ Wavemaker question

I just added a JBJ Oceanpulse Duo Wavemaker and two maxi-jet 900's to my 12g nano. It works by switching current from one pump to the other, at specified intervals. However, the intervals don't seem to be very accurate with what is actually happening. When I set it to the 10 second interval...
  10. InLimbo87

Computer Fan Cooling

So I decided today to take on a project. The problem was that my tank was running about 77 degrees overnite and heated up to around 81 during the day (have a 70w HQI over my nanocube 12). Now, although 81 is not problematic, I am not a fan of the 4 degree temp swing. So, I decided to wire up...
  11. InLimbo87

Coralife Digital Thermometer Issues

I've always kind of assumed my coralife digital thermometer was off, but decided to try to test it out today. My overnite ready was 75.0 degrees. I felt the water, and thought no way is it 75 degrees. So I put in this mercury thermometer that I have and it reads about 81. Then I went out and...
  12. InLimbo87

Need help from the SPS keepers

So I just got a frag of green Montipora Digitata for my tank. It's opened up nicely after just a couple of hours, but seems to be putting off a lot of mucous. Is this normal? It seems to be letting it go, but would it help to blow it off? Or should I just wait it out? Thanks all. ~Ian
  13. InLimbo87

How many total gallons do we have?

I saw this on another site (hope they don't mind me stealing the idea), but I thought it would be really cool to see on here. So, here's how it works. Say how much total volume you have in saltwater tanks, and add it to the person before you. I'll start it off: My Volume: 12 gallons...
  14. InLimbo87

OT: Anyone else this crazy?

Crazy about X-mas that is: The tree went up today :D :bugout:
  15. InLimbo87

My New Tailspot Blenny!

LFS got a healthy tailspot blenny in and he's doing well. He's eating both prepared food and constantly nibbling algae off the rocks/walls/glass. Here's a couple pics. :snshne:
  16. InLimbo87

Cycle stalled?

Hi guys! Well, after a few days of cycling my Nanocube I saw nothing for ammonia/trites/trates for a couple of days. I expected this as the rock was very well cured and I didn't expect any die-off to start my cycle. So, I put in a jumbo raw shrimp from the grocery store for 24 hours. The...
  17. InLimbo87

InLimbo87's NC12G DX Build Thread!

Here begins my build/progress thread of my new Nanocube 12 DX!! :snshne: The tank/stand was purchased locally from a fellow reefer. Only modifications done were a surface skimmer addition, and the stock pump was replaced with an MJ1200. Equipment plans: 1st chamber: Mini-jet 606...
  18. InLimbo87

Chaeto light spectrum

I'm thinking about adding a refugium to the middle chamber, and I've already got a 2x9w coralife mini-aqualight. How well will this work if it is a 50/50 10000k/actinic setup. Should I go with something else, or will this suffice? thanks, Ian
  19. InLimbo87

OT: Zoo Pictures

Took some photos today at our local Central Florida zoo. Fairly small, but still a fun trip. Enjoy :)
  20. InLimbo87

Aggressive Tank FTS'

I know some of you on here have aggressive FOWLR tanks, so lets see em. I'm personally planning on doing an aggressive tank for my new 65g, and currently pondering the inhabitants. So far I'm Thinking: Snowflake Eel Zebra Dwarf Lion Pinkface Wrasse And maybe a dwarf angel of some sort...