Search results

1. twoclowns

Good Place to Buy a Clam?

Anyone know a good source site to buy a Blue or Green Squamosa Clams?
  2. twoclowns

vodka dosing question

anyone vodka dose with a bio-denitrator?? I'm going to give it a try on my reef extremely slow(1/4 to 1/2 starting dose) and see how it works out just curious how it interacts with a bio-denitrator. I have done my research on vodka dosing 8 hours of reading, but there isnt much on this...
  3. twoclowns

question for all about their mixed reef tanks

Just curious what people are keeping together. I read a thread about people not being able to keep xenia long term and it made me think about my experiences. I use to keep soft corals xenia, colts, leathers, with LPS (frogspawns, hammers, brains) together with great success then I started to...
  4. twoclowns

where to get shipping cooler

Looking for a place to get good prices on shipping coolers anyone know a good supplier with good prices. All the place I have found want 7+ for each cooler without factoring in shipping them to me. Need sizes around 12x12x12 and 10x8x8 or equivalents. I was going to ask a friend that works at a...
  5. twoclowns

any know what my brain is doing?

About 6 months ago my brain started bubbling at 3 different places, not sure if it got a disease (lacking a trace element, just did a 45gallon water change) or if its starting to bud babies like my pineapple brain does. It doesn't seem to to have any calcium skeleton in the bubble like the...
  6. twoclowns

my new piece of reef

heres a link Dragon Soul Favia Colony ordered it earlier today from mrcoral with that great deal going on, can't wait for it to get here wednesday.
  7. twoclowns

need help finding a good place to get ARM coarse media

looking to find a place to get ARM coarse reactor media 50 pound bags for a fair price with shipping or gen-x coarse reactor media 50 pound bags if they make them. Tried google but not much there. Any help would be great, thanks keith
  8. twoclowns

dendros

Looking for a fair price on the large polyped dendro (firecracker), a local store has them but they just fragged them up and did a very poor job didn't use a small cut off blade, maybe a chisel and damaged them plus they want 50 per head. I'm willing to trade as I have tons of frags. Can do cash...
  9. twoclowns

1kg frozen cyclop-eeze

Anyone know a good place to order 1kg frozen cyclop-eeze best/price/shipping I got one at a store in NY a few years ago not the 750g the 1000g size and suggestions would be great, thanks Keith
  10. twoclowns

what are the best halide bulbs?

I currently use hamilton 175w 15K and 400w 20K, I want to purchase replacement bulbs to have on hand but I don't like the current prices. I have been thinking about switching the 175w to 10K and the 400w to 15k or 14K The best I have found is 43 and 53 ea for the hamiltons plus shipping. My LFS...
  11. twoclowns

peppermint snail?

on melevsreef its called a peppermint snail and its reef safe but I'm not sure I want to take a chance here is the picture of them that I took. Looking for a positive ID. thanks keith [/IMG]
  12. twoclowns

What do you do with your dirty water change water?

Where do you dump your old dirty water, just curious because I have dumped mine in the yard, down the drain, and used it to melt ice in the driveway.
  13. twoclowns

wanted korallin c3002 calcium reator

Looking to upgrade to the larger calcium reactor I have the 1500 series Korallin would trade or buy. sorry my bad on the skimmer was very tired when I posted.
  14. twoclowns

convict and powder blue tang

Anyone have any experience keeping convict tangs with a powder blue tang. I was thinking about getting two convict tangs and a powder blue tang, compatibility is questionable, right now I have a 125g reef but will be upgrading to a 215g reef in the next few months. I currently don't have any...
  15. twoclowns

red bug

I purchased two brain corals that were in a tank is infested with red bugs, I have them in a QT right now. :rocket: I really don't want to treat it with interceptor (which I have) how long should I QT them to make sure the red bugs are dead, there is no Acros in the QT tank. My tank has been...
  16. twoclowns

Alternative media to ARM calcium

I use A.R.M.media right now but I want to switch to something else. I found a rust piece about 2 1/4 inches by 1.5 inches flat and dead algea pieces in the 50 lb bag, not too happy about that. I want to know if there is a better product out there? thank Keith
  17. twoclowns

royal urchins and tiger tail cuc

anyone know the best place to get royal urchins and tiger tail cucumbers? premium aquatics has them for 12 royal but don't have any in and I think 8 but its not a tiger its a yellow sandsifter. Any rec for places would be great, thanks Keith
  18. twoclowns

my large upgrade 215g

I am upgrading from 125 with 30t refugium to a 215g reef ready with dual overflows, with a 125g sump/frag/refugium. New equipment that I am considering pan world px100 return pump about 750gph back to the main tank 1 ecotech vortech pump for the main tank 3 hydor koralia 4 pumps one...
  19. twoclowns

ecotech vortec pump

Has anyone used this pump (ecotech vortec). I thinking about purchasing one but they are very expensive so I would like some opinions if it is a better pump setup then the tunze? thanks Keith
  20. twoclowns

check this crap out!

someone is actually selling aptasia anemones. eBay: "GLASS ANEMONES" (5) anemones (item 130102648296 end time Apr-19-07 15:29:08 PDT)