what are the best halide bulbs?

twoclowns

I currently use hamilton 175w 15K and 400w 20K, I want to purchase replacement bulbs to have on hand but I don't like the current prices. I have been thinking about switching the 175w to 10K and the 400w to 15k or 14K The best I have found is 43 and 53 ea for the hamiltons plus shipping. My LFS doesnt carry the hamiltons, but they can get xm, ushio, and blueline. I was wondering what people think about these bulbs, the best price for them, and the place to get the best prices on any of these bulbs. Any experience and opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks keith

faust

all i know is stay away from the xm 15k i has lower par than their 20k.their 10 k has very good par. i love my megachomes but they are pricey. i just ordered some no name ebay 14k's for my wifes 175 fowlr. 3 150 de 14k 65 bux shipped

twoclowns

I like marine depot a lot but there prices are higher on the bulbs then most. I have seen the cheap no name ebay bulbs 20ea but I really don't trust the quality. Any one with blueline experience?

nemeth21

There is a CO. out of Baton Rouge, LA Named Reef Optics

The fellow who runs it is a great guy (Wes Hull)

You get a very quality bulb for a great price.

He has just about any halide bulb 10k, 14k, 20k all wattages most of them are under $40.00

He also stocks reflectors, electronis ballasts for VHO and halides, Etc....

He has a simple web page his contact number is (225) 445-0144

I run (3) of his 400 Watt, 14K Halides over my 400 Gallon each off of his electronic ballasts.

Jon

seafansar

I just switched from 150W 10K's to phoenix 14K's and I love them!!! I ordered them online for around $52 each.

seafan can you please post pic i have 125and just bought light off ebay outerorbitit has old 10k in it i wanna put 14k i just dont they look they put out thanks