Search results

1. medicern

Flatworms and other issues

Thanks for the reply, Scott. I do have an extra power head that I could put in the tank to increase the flow substantially. Maybe I'll just try to the siphoning thing first and see how many I can get out. I just worry about the toxicity of killing them all and the potential detriment to my tank...
  2. medicern

Flatworms and other issues

Hello RSers, My tank is now about a year old. I've had some ups and downs, but have been generally happy with my aquarium thus far. I've been doing WC regularly and the water chemistry seems to be quite constant. My biggest issue has always been keeping my substrate clean. It's always...
  3. medicern

Ryan's 38 Gallon

Hello everyone. Here is a long overdue update on my aquarium. The clowns I added awhile ago are in the process of deciding who "will wear the pants" in the family. I have also added a beautiful royal gramma. He took the place of the orchid dottyback I lost, and he's a absolute joy to watch...
  4. medicern

Another Clown Question

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep an eye out and segregate if I need to.
  5. medicern

Another Clown Question

I've had my two Os. Clowns for a few months now and they were doing fine, always swimming together and hanging out like two old friends. A few days ago there was some new "action" between them. The larger of the two began bullying the other one. Chasing and forcing him into small openings in the...
  6. medicern

Ryan's 38 Gallon

The wait is over. My tank is back at it with fish swimming!!!! Here are the pictures of my fish out of QT and in the DT. First is Gus the lone survivor. What a tropper! Next are my two new ORA Oscellaris Misbar Clowns. I hope you like them. They are a bit tough to photograph, as they seem to be...
  7. medicern

New to Cheato, is it in trouble??

Thanks Al, I'll try that. I just ordered some more from a fellow RSer.
  8. medicern

At wits end with this algae...

:banghead: So my tank has been up and running for over 5 months. When I started I was purchasing RO water from a LFS. Some time ago, I took some of my filtered tap (well) water into be tested for PO4, since at the time I didn't have a test for that. Anyway, I'm constantly battling algae. Be it...
  9. medicern

Thanks so much. I'll let you know after I hear from John.
  10. medicern

I emailed him and will await his response. There was nothing sticking together, so I had to toss it. No way to keep it under control.
  11. medicern

Nobody, eh?
  12. medicern

On Saturday I recieved my cheato from John at reef cleaners. I put it into my fuge using his directions. The next thing I know, it's shredded and is all over my fuge. Isn't is supposed to be a ball? Is it dead? It looks healthy and green, but it's in pieces everywhere plugging my return pump I...
  13. medicern

what can i use my coralife skimmer for?

Does the thing work, as a skimmer I mean? What would you need to get for it to ship it to Wisconsin? PM me.
  14. medicern

Would this be a decent buy?

Thanks for the info. I just got my sump drain tuned and quiet, last thing I need is a noisy skimmer added to the mix.
  15. medicern

Would this be a decent buy?

AQUARIUM PROTEIN SKIMMER CPR Bak Pak skimmer with new (unused) Rio pump. $40. I just got a 10 gallon sump up and running on my 38 and would like to get a skimmer going. What's your thought?
  16. medicern

Ryan's 38 Gallon

Rob, I built a gurgle buster and really just tried to fine tune the flow...high enought to keep bubbles out of the U-tube and low enough to be quite. It's a tricky proposition. I hope to get it more quiet as I tweak it some more.
  17. medicern

Ryan's 38 Gallon

UPDATE: Today I resurected the sump. I purchased a new pump, Maxi-jet 1100. I was nervous if it was going to be powerful enough, but it's working fine. After quite a bit of tuning, I have the drain line almost silent. I'll wait to see if it passes "the wife test" tonight when I get home from...
  18. medicern

Coral ID Help

It has a soft stem, I guess I'll keep it where it is and keep a eye on it. It seems to be happy. I'm waiting to see feeder tentacles out so I can feed it or something.
  19. medicern

Coral ID Help

I wondered that, too but doesn't seem to have that "bubble" top on it. Also there appears to be small bumps starting to form around the edge of each of the three heads. Here is a top down I just took of the second one and circled where the polyps are. Maybe that'll help. coral by Kristen...
  20. medicern

Coral ID Help

Hey RSers, I was at the fish store a while ago and got this thing for 5 bucks, but haven't been able to figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated. New Coral by Kristen and Ryan, on Flickr Then I recently got a light upgrade to a 4 bulb T5HO fixture with LED moonlights. After...