Search results

1. R

Updated video of my tank

https://goo.gl/photos/ZATCTiQR1ocYrKpu7 Just thought I'd share the latest video of my tank with various anemones enjoy Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  2. R

Lunar wrasse

How big of a mistake is it to add a lunar wrasse to a reef tank? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  3. R

What type of clown?

Looking for advice on what particular clown to buy for my haddoni carpet. It has to date eaten/killed 7 if my fish. So my last ditch effort to keep the carpet is to find the "right" clowns to host and hopefully chase away my remaining fish in my tank. Here's the carpet Sent from my Nexus 6...
  4. R

Clove polyps or not?

Is this clove polyps? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  5. R

Tang behaviour

So I have a approx 3.5 inch sailfin tang and a 3.5 inch orange line tang who have been together in my tank for 2 years. They get along fine, there's the odd tail wagging , but nothing serious. My question is why aren't they out swimming around? They prefer to hang out behind the rocks under a...
  6. R

Convict blenny/engineer goby

I have 2 of these fish that are about 12 inches long. I've had them for about 2 years and love them. A fellow reefer has two 5 inch ones for sale and I'm wondering if my original two will "play nice" if I purchase them? My system is a 108 gallon mixed reef. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  7. R

I'd my lps please.

The lfs told me this was a scoly but I don't think so. Maybe a link? What do the experts think? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  8. R

What eats these?

I have these everywhere. What eats them? Would a matted filefish eat them? Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  9. R

Side by side refugium ideas

Would like suggestions/ guidance on how to do this. My display is a 108 gallon non sump mixed reef. I would like to make a 33 gallon tank into a refugium but have no idea how to do it or what additional equipment is needed. I understand that I would need an overflow and return pump but other...
  10. R

I.D. my clam please.

This clam is stumping me. Any help is appreciated. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  11. R

Grindal worms

Is it ok to grow and feed saltwater fish grindal worms?
  12. R

Cyclop-eeze

Just ordered some off eBay and was wondering how to feed it to my tank. Instructions were pretty vague.
  13. R

Green mandarin

Just added a green mandarin two days ago and haven't seen him since i initially put him in and starting to freak out that he might be a gonner. Anyone have the same thing happen with a happy ending?
  14. R

Evergrow d120 tank progression shots

I'm so glad I took the plunge with these lights! They have been running on my 108 gallon since April. I have them set at whites 75% and blues 100%. Here's some pictures :)
  15. R

Looking for id

This is light green and pink in color, has many active feeder tentacles, has grown another head in a matter of a couple months and is very low growing. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
  16. R

cyano bacteria why now?

I have an established (5 year) mixed reef. Had cyano problems way back when in the beginning, but not for years. And now its coming again. The only thing thats changed is my lighting, I upgraded to three evergrow d120's that I have set at blues 75% and whites 50%. My parameters are ammonia...
  17. R

ID please

Help me identify this soft coral, this one has me stumped! Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
  18. R

ID please

Anyone know what kind of sps this frag is? Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
  19. R

Api nitrate test kit

Well I normally use seachem nitrite/nitrate test kit but I ran out and all my lfs had was api so I bought it. Big mistake. Seachem was always testing trates from 80-1605ppm and trites 0ppm. At first api was around the same (trites stayed at 0ppm) but trates went crazy like 80-160ppm crazy. So...
  20. R

Tomini tang?

Is this a tomini tang? I'm starting to have doubts. All pictures I've seen have bright yellow markings on the fins and a differently shaped tail. What do you think? Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk