Search results

1. kstewart422

heater

We had a Fluval 300w heater die last month, it caused me a couple of days of grief. It was replaced under warranty, so no issues there. How ever, with winter is coming fast, I normally keep the house about 67F during the winter months. This mainly to cut the utility costs. I'm thinking...
  2. kstewart422

What is this?

Being new to corals, sometimes I think my LFS guy has been drinking. Can anyone identify this and tell me the best feeding procedure? My apology for the fuzzy picture, this camera doesn't do well without a tripod.
  3. kstewart422

Getting rid of problem fish

So my lady goes and buys about 8 damsels and adds them to the 90gal reef tank. We notice they are picking at some of the corals. I tell her, "they have to go". I take a water bottle, invert the top and make a simple fish trap out of it. This works great for all but one little &%#*@ fish...
  4. kstewart422

Temperature advice...

I would like your input on temp. fluctuations. I have read some other posts on temp, but didn't find an exact scenario. My tank 85gal has been holding steady at 78-79F. Last night we opened up the house and the temp "in the house" when I got up was 50F. The tank was at 75F. I am using a...
  5. kstewart422

Nitrites high/low

I am carefully watching my water quality. All tests very well. How ever, I was looking for an explanation of what the high range and low range of Nitrites are? I did a couple of searches, with no luck. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. When I ran fish only, the only things that I...
  6. kstewart422

new to the forum

Hello all, I have had a 50gal tall fish only tank for about 12 years. In the beginning we had a few corals. Then a power outage during the summer while we were out of town killed everything. I gave up on corals at that point. The 50gal tall sprung a leak 4" from the bottom last week...