Search results

1. B

Ecotech mp40W SUPER customer sevice..

The drive shaft broke and they sent me the back plate impeller and drive shaft.They sent me all new parts 2nd day air free of charge.Excellent customer service...:whstlr:
  2. B

Ok folks,I figured out the problem with over heating!!!

Its the protein skimmer. For all those with the RSM250 this is the problem. Happened last night at 2AM...I hear my chiller go on for 1 minute shut off and go back on 3 minutes later.I timed it fo 1 hour.Then I shut of the protein skimmer(which was working).The chiller would go on for 1min...
  3. B

Skimmer pump not working.

I left Steve a message.The pump wont restart after shutting off.I cleaned it out and with the cover off it does spin when plugged in.When I put the cover on and plug it in it does not..I read someone else had this problem..
  4. B

Decorator crab

Well,I bought a cool looking one yesterday.It had orange sponges all over it.This morning I looked into my tank and I have no more Kenya trees...:( Then I found the crab and all of my Kenya trees.He stuck them all over his body..I cant get a picture because he keeps hiding..I read that they are...
  5. B

Changed pumps.Went with external.

I felt that there was not enough flow with the Rios and thought it was adding too much heat in the water.So I went with an external pump,Iwaki md30rlxt water pump.I noticed a big difference in water pressure.I also notice that the chiller does not stay on longer than 5 minutes. It is a very...
  6. B

Thirsty anyone?

This is just a day and a half of skim...Plus I am still running the stock skimmer....
  7. B

Water to clean for Chaeto?

Is that possible?I have 0 nitrates.I also run a phosban reactor and carbon reactor.Running 2 protein skimmers,the stock one and the Euro reef in the sump. It seems like my Chaeto is dying.Keeps breaking apart into small pieces.:ponder2:
  8. B

any clue

It looks like a grub.It has a hard shell.It does move around but never see it move.Is it bad?
  9. B

any clue

It looks like a grub.It has a hard shell.It does move around but never see it move.Is it bad?
  10. B

Brand new Koralia 1

$30 shipped.Pay Pal only.This is the more expensive one that requires the wave maker.The regular Koralias can not be wave makers.This one can.I bought this from another web board from someone who failed to tell me that it needs a wave maker for it to work.So I bought a vortech and do not need...
  11. B

Skimmers went nuts!!!

Yesterday after feeding my fish both skimmers went nuts.Good thing I had the Euroreef in the sump.It was bubbling over as well as the stock skimmer. Never did this before.I used 1/2 of a frozen cube.Strange??? The only thing I can think of is I put that same cube in my Lobster tank the night...
  12. B

a few videos and pics..Enjoy

Here is the Euroreef 5-3 skimmer..Works really good.I still have the stock skimmer working too.I like over kill.LOL Here's the electronics..APC Battery back up with the JBJ ATO and the Vortech controller.5 gallon water top off with lots of calcium added.. Here's the vortech...
  13. B

RSM250.need help with lid!!

I want to add a strip of LED lights onto the lid.Does it come apart?It looks like it has plugs but I cant seemto pop them out.I found a nice LED strip at Lowes.$59 a little high but I tried it and wow.What a shimmer effect...I want to mount it onto the lid section.Thanks
  14. B

Electrical help PLEASE>>>

I have the rsm250.I dont use the dual fans in the back.The fans are stamped 12 volts. My question is >>>> can I hook up a 12 volt led light to that wire?I tried once and it blew out the light as soon as I turned it on.Would I need to hook up 2 sets of 12 volt lights since that wire was used to...
  15. B

Vortech MP40W Gen2...

Well,I broke down and bought one.I should have it next week...Those who have them,how do you like them?I hope its not too big for my RSM250?Thanks
  16. B

WTB Waste collector w/auto shut off

Like the title says..Looking for a waste collector for my skimmer with auto shut off.Thanks
  17. B

Holy smokes!!!Everything is doing fine..

Last night I was feeding my fish so I shut down all the pumps and chiller.Well you guessed it.I forgot to turn the chiller back on.Woke up this morning with a temp of 85.5 degrees.Even with the lights off the temp got that high,amazing!I keep my house at 78 degrees.I usually have my tank at 78...
  18. B

Helppppp..Broke my digitata

Can I stick the pieces into my live rock holes?Will they mount themselves or do I have to super glue them?They seem to fit into the holes pretty good with no glue.Thanks
  19. B

This is a must!!Battery back up!!!!

I just ordered this.Cant go wrong with the price,plus it was only $30 for shipping. It will run my fuge pump for over 5 hours.I have the return going directly in the main part of the tank.So it will circulate the whole tank..Thats enough time to get my generator going.Down here in Florida its...
  20. B

WTB Phosban reactor 150 and pump!

Looking to buy a Phosban reactor 150 and pump. Thanks,Bruce