This is a must!!Battery back up!!!!

brucewrs

I just ordered this.Cant go wrong with the price,plus it was only $30 for shipping.

It will run my fuge pump for over 5 hours.I have the return going directly in the main part of the tank.So it will circulate the whole tank..Thats enough time to get my generator going.Down here in Florida its a must...I checked other websites and it goes for over $500..

Just looking out for you.Better be safe than sorry.

UPSforLESS Power Backup Experts | APC 1500VA UPS 1500TL:V 2130R5X IBM Branded

echopiece

Yeah, I am pretty much screwed if we get hit with Hurricanes like a few years back! However, thank god I live in a newer neighborhood and all the electric is underground. During Hurricane Charley, we only lost power for an hour.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

cindyp

we bought a battery backup similar to that it will run things for 8 hours or so
and if the powers out any longer than that we back in the RV and plug into that. it has a gas power generator...we got it covered

brucewrs

Just got it today..Works great...Now I dont have to worry about the power going out...

battery-1.jpg

acemow

Yeah, great info, thanks! I'm in Cape Coral and the threat of hurricanes didn't bother me, until I got my 75 gal tank in October '08. In '04 we got hit by Charley and no power for 5 days, I need backup!

Future

We were out of power for 19 days during the last canes, so now I have 1 generator for the tank, 1 generator for the appartment and plenty of gas can's ready to go.

Just make sure you generator guys remember to maintain the generators, those lines clog up even with stabilizer. With season about here, it's time to begin the preperations.

brucewrs

good idea future...I will check it today...The battery back up is good during the storm or if your not home and the power goes out..If no power for awhile I break out the generator..

cindyp

my backup came in handy yesterday when the power co came by and needed to swap out the meter the guy said you will be without power for a little bit so when they switched the meter I got to see the tank go off and the backup take over it was nice to see it worked..