Holy smokes!!!Everything is doing fine..

brucewrs

Last night I was feeding my fish so I shut down all the pumps and chiller.Well you guessed it.I forgot to turn the chiller back on.Woke up this morning with a temp of 85.5 degrees.Even with the lights off the temp got that high,amazing!I keep my house at 78 degrees.I usually have my tank at 78 degrees.So I lowered the temp to 81 then I just lowered it again to 79.Tonight I will lower it to 78.Everything looks fine...

Jeremy0322

you may want to get a controller for that so it doesnt happen again, either than or come up with some other way to make sure you dont forget. Either way im happy nothing bad came from this!

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
If you had connected the chiller and pump to the small pump chamber then you wouldn't have to turn those two off at all. I wouldn't want to turn all that off every time I feed the fish.

Last night I was feeding my fish so I shut down all the pumps and chiller.Well you guessed it.I forgot to turn the chiller back on.Woke up this morning with a temp of 85.5 degrees.Even with the lights off the temp got that high,amazing!I keep my house at 78 degrees.I usually have my tank at 78 degrees.So I lowered the temp to 81 then I just lowered it again to 79.Tonight I will lower it to 78.Everything looks fine...

Well, Brucewrs I am glad that you didn't lose anything! And surprisingly even at a temperature of 85* ocean animals will somewhat adapt. An example would be Pulsing Xenia. If you have a good amount of flow most Xenia will stop pulsing (as long as it is pulsing originally). However, if you shut off all the pumps and so forth, most Xenia will being pulsing, or at least move a little. You can do this experiment even with GSP, it will also begin moving its tenticles in an attempt to circulate some water around itself!

As everyone else is suggesting make sure you reaclimate your tank slowly, as a sudden change in temperature can have a huge negative impact on your ecosystem. Look at the Great Barrier Reef! and that is only a change of about 3* F!!!! :maddown:

Chimo192

Wow, we had the same problem like a week days ago.

The temp went to 86 F, it took a while but I did get it down and nothing went to Davy Jones Locker.

Cheers