Search results

1. Shells

anyone know what kind of seaweed this is??

can anyone help me identify this and is it safe for the tank?? thanks!
  2. Shells

Shells distraction

hey guys, this is what has been occupying my time lately<<<<:biker
  3. Shells

make up water

In you'lls opinion, what is the time length to safely keep makeup water before doing a water change?? :dunno:
  4. Shells

skimmer thoughts

I need a new skimmer desparately and was considering this one, with a mag drive supreme 7 700 gph pump what you'll think??? its an AquaC EV-180 Protein Skimmer
  5. Shells

additives

morning guys!! i'm currently dosing bionic part 1 and part 2. i was wondering who is using it and what other additives are you adding along with it?? oh and what type salt mix you use. :) thanks a bunch and have a great day.
  6. Shells

overflow question

i have two overflows in my 150 the tubes that come from the bottom of the overflows have always were about a third full of water and the water level at the top of the overflows where always about 2 inches below the bottom of the overflow grates. now one side, (right) has changes. the tube on...
  7. Shells

male blonde naso tang

i've got a Naso that is acting weird, he's swimming up and down on the right side of the tank. he started doing this about a week ago. could he be doing this because he has nothing substancial to graze on?? and how can i give him more things to graze on through out the day?? i've had him...
  8. Shells

whats goin on??

i've got a LTA that seemed to be in perfect health. he's pretty big too. i changed out my maxijets for tunze turbelle and in the proccess he has moved to the other side of the tank. after about a month in his new spot, he's disappeared in the sand and all you can see is a few tips. he's been...
  9. Shells

new r/o bucket

hey guys, i just bought a new r/o garbage can and was wondering if i should use soap to wash it out or just rinse and wipe dry??
  10. Shells

what is this??

these appear on the front glass of our tank from time to time. does anyone know what these are???
  11. Shells

dosing questions and float switch question

Hi!! i've got a few questions for you'll. i'm interested in starting up a dosing of Kalkwasser in my reef tank. i was wondering how you'll set this up?? and which doser do you us?? also, i've got a kent float switch in my sump where a line comes in from my r/o unit to automatically top...
  12. Shells

blond male naso

i was wondering what you'll feed this fish?? i've been putting in green and purple seaweed, zooplanton, brine or mysis fish...is there anything else i could feed to give a better variety??
  13. Shells

garlic elixir

:help1: do you'll know how long this stuff lasts if keeped in the fridge???
  14. Shells

the worst has happened!

:cry1: We came home on Friday night after working a 10 hour day, and went to have dinner at about 9:00pm. You can see our fish tank lit up driving down the road. Our living room was pitch dark when we got home...the breaker flipped sometime during the day, probably when the last M.H. came...
  15. Shells

fish in overflow HELP

BB is stuck in the overflow and I cant get her out!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Shells

powder blue behavor

Mornin guys!! my powder blue has been acting sort of buligerent lately. Chasing my blue tang away from food and accassionly, my coral beauty and goby. (He leaves the majestic alone). I'm thinking its because i've cut down on the food amount lately. I did that because i thought i was...
  17. Shells

Aquacraft Supplements

I Was Wondering If Anyone Uses/has Used These Supplements?? And How You Like It.
  18. Shells

1700 gallon tank!!

<!--StartFragment --> Hi everyone!! I'm posting a link here to a thread on Reef Central that I found regarding a 1700 gallon reef tank. (with the owners permission of course) This tank is just unbelieveable. My new dream tank. hehe you'll see. there is about 40 pages to this, but its well...
  19. Shells

Set Up Phosban (2) And Uv Stabilzier

Can Anybody Help Me Set Up My Uv Stabilizer And Phosbans (2)?? I'm So Un Mechaniclay Inclined... I've Got A 1200 Maxi For Each One, Is That T00 Much Pump?? Thanks.
  20. Shells

some more quesitons.

i've got a green leather thats not doing too good, its is really compact and its color is lime gree, but there is grey on it too. at first it appeared something was eating it.....i really dont want to loose it!! any ideas??