Search results

1. Grasspicker

Help I need sound advice.

Hey folks, I took my test kit over to my friends 75 gal set up sat. His nitrates were min 100 because the water was red after the test. His Calcium was 300. I gave him some purple up and dosed it and it brought the Calcium up to 400. Last night he told me that his lion fish looked...
  2. Grasspicker

Let the Pro's Weigh In Please.

Hello All, I would really like to eventually build my own set up in my basement. I have plenty of room for a very large project and would like some advice on where to start. What to look for (Tank Wise) Can I build it. If So what out of. Are there any sites I could get ideas...
  3. Grasspicker

Need Help with a Skimmer

Hey guys, I have a 29 bio cube. I put a $ 39.00 Rio Nano skimmer on it a few weeks ago. Last night it crapped out. The pump seems to not be working correctly. The little propeller wheel turns but I cant seem to get it to pull water anymore up into chamber 1. Ive heard bad things about...
  4. Grasspicker

Considering a Pico

Hey everyone, Ive really been considering doing a tank at work. Nothing fancy just a mix of softies/hards with possibly Sexy shrimp as the main inhabitant or a Goby/shrimp pair. Im wondering if anyone can help with links for tank ideas to help get me started in the right direction...
  5. Grasspicker

Dan & Mandy's 29 gal Biocube

Ive been trying to post a start to our bio cube but lost all the information for some reason. Im pretty frustrated at this point and just trying this before I go home. If It works Ill try and edit it so that the information I spent an hour on is put into the thread. Full Tank shot after 3...
  6. Grasspicker

Already Burnt out.

I just spent the last hour putting everything I had done in my build into a thread and posted it. Its no where to be found now. Bummer. I did get to upload some pictures but I have no idea how to get them into a thread where I talk about our tank. Not sure what im doing wrong. Ill prob end...
  7. Grasspicker

Oceanic Biocube 29 Builder

Good Afternoon All, My wife and I bought a cube on July 5th 2008 and have ventured into the hobby. 10 years ago I had an 80 gallon Hex tank that I had a great deal of success with and I have wanted to get back into the hobby. We took our pastor and his wife to an Aquarium store near us...