Search results

1. msbdiving

picking out a new light.... ultralight Metal Halide Power Compact Aquarium Light

I went from using a 1X150MH 2X24w t-5 actinic to a 6x24w t-5 fixture in a 40g. Less heat, better color, no adverse affects difference noted in corals/clam. Cheaper than the MH/combo. Something to think about.
  2. msbdiving

skimmer question

I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.
  3. msbdiving

OT: Boat Outing

Long tail fin, I think it's a thresher shark.
  4. msbdiving

An arguement ensues...

I fold mine, my wife never bother to fold or put in a drawer. Just leaves it on a chair. So much for the sitting area in the bedroom.
  5. msbdiving

Water change techniques?

I pretty much change mine the same way. I use a pump to try and speed things up. I am hoping one day I can stress the anemone enough to have it split.
  6. msbdiving

Hello to everyone

NIce to have you here. Take it slow.
  7. msbdiving

Just Married!!!!

Shouldn't you be on a honeymoon or something?
  8. msbdiving

OT: How's the weather?

Oh my gosh. The weather actually changed out here. There was lightning/thunder and this wet stuff I hear people call rain.
  9. msbdiving

FS: Zoa frag Pack

I have some lint and....let's see, 15 cents in my pocket. Darn, really nice package you have put together, maybe next time. Great job on the photos.
  10. msbdiving

Favorite MH bulb(s)?

Poor quality..
  11. msbdiving

Favorite MH bulb(s)?

Nice looking tank cutie. I have been using the reeflux hqi 150w 12k bulb. I have tried one off ebay that was a no name and even though it was supposed to be a 14k, looked more like a 6500 or so. It was so yellow. Here is a pic of mine with the reeflux....
  12. msbdiving

Gorgeous weather over here. I am near Craig and it's 79 with a nice breeze. Not the scorching triple digits I am used to by now. No wonder he is always happy.
  13. msbdiving

The RS Mascot Has Arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it's the bag floating and not the fish. Post the pics soon.
  14. msbdiving

Help with my Zoanthoids

My bet is on the sundial snail. Wiped out my zoas. Just curious though, what sort of light are you running, could be too much at the top.
  15. msbdiving

WTB large GBTA

Have no idea how to ship it, but I have a 10" diameter gbta I'm looking to get rid of.
  16. msbdiving

Tragedy Avoided with Rose Anemone!

Nice save. Even better if it was just enough stress to get it to split.
  17. msbdiving

Thermodynamics of a 120 Gallon Mother Coral Reef Tank Build.

Talk about doing research and planning, I'm impressed. Leave it to a Californian though, when reading your post I thought who is able to keep their house at 68? We use a moderate amount of the A/C during the summer to keep it at 80 if we want it cool. Then I saw you were in Alaska and the light...
  18. msbdiving

Mooch, glad your dad got to have that top of the world feeling. Hope the stress test comes out ok. Hang in there and don't let the VA screw you guys over. Becky, how dare you run out on a day such as this. What's next, no coffee in the house? Someone needs to get on the ball with shopping.
  19. msbdiving

Drastic Salinity Changes?

I have a rio powerhead that I use to drop in a bucket when I make up my water. It also helps out doing water changes instead of waiting on gravity. Just a thought.
  20. msbdiving

89 deg right now, supposed to be 94 today. I am at work for three days straight so I am hoping for it to cool off a bit and am praying nobody gets stupid with fireworks.