Tragedy Avoided with Rose Anemone!

oakrad34

Tragedy started this afternoon. I was looking at my tank when I notice a large glob on the prefilter to my Maxi-jet 1200. Then I knew what it was, my expensive Rose Anemone. As you can see in the pix, it looked like glob, smush, shreaded sea something, well you get the picture.

I looked at it for about 2-3 minutes, and thought if I dont do something it will surely die if it hasn't already.

I'm not a surgeon and didn't have any sterile surgical knifes or cutters. So I got the closest thing to a surgical tools - mechanic tools. As you can see in the pix.

The first picture is an old picture of the rose prior to the mishap.

The fourth is a picture of the procedure about 3/4's done. The whole process took about 2 hours.

The rest is the rose in a container , which I removed and then placed it in the open. Hopefully the clarkii leaves it alone til it heals. Had to remove it from the container it started to get out via the small holes and was worried it was going to get caught or cut itself.

Well hopefully the procedure worked and only time will tell. I will update as time gooooes.

Attachments

• r1a.jpg
    r1a.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 84
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 85
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 83
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 84
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 84

vdituri

Kudos to you for even attempting that!
Most people would just have chucked the poor thing.
I hope it responds to your care and comes back for you.
Great job!

oakrad34

Dont know waht happened to the rest of the pixs...but they are...I hope.

Attachments

• r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 78
  • r6.jpg
    r6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 78
  • r7.jpg
    r7.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 79

Triggerjay

How odd... I just had the exact same thing happen. I have an egg-crate screen on my fuge, and thats where my BTA's are. Got stuck. I had to cut up the egg crate to get it out, and now it looks like it never happened..

Jason