Help with my Zoanthoids

Can anyone please explain to me what can be causing my Zoanthoids at the top section of my tank to disappear?
I have some at the top section of my tank and some closer to the bottom of the middle.
The middle ones are doing great along with all my other corals however the top ones are disappearing.
My fish aren't near them or eating them at all. Could it be a water circulation issue up there? I have a power head that moves the water at the top and bottom to help with that though...???
Will they grow back again if what ever the issue is is corrected?
Thanks for your help in advance.

jaubuchon

I've had similar issues. In one case, I found these little spider looking critters that I think were messing with them. It took awhile to discover this. fortunately they move rather slow and I was able to get them out of the tank. Having said that, I have some right now that are not doing well. Interestingly enough, they are right next to another group of zoas that are doing great.

msbdiving

My bet is on the sundial snail. Wiped out my zoas. Just curious though, what sort of light are you running, could be too much at the top.

MSBDIVING:
We are running T5's. It is a blue and white one.
I havn't seen anything weird as far as "critters" persay... I have tried to do pictures before and they don't ever work for me... I can say though they look closed up like in the pics. that the link on the post from GOLDENMEAN.
There are days where I will see a pod just swirling around on the bottom as though is has just fallen off the rock.
I do feel better though knowing that some other people have had the same issue.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the critters if they are in there? Our LR all of a sudden seems to have this beigeish coating on it. We just cleaned everything out a couple weeks ago.
I will do some more research but in the meantime if anyone has anymore ideas or answers please let me know.
Thanks.

goldenmean

Blue spotted Hawaiin puffer maybe

Care to explain that MyReef18???

If you have a sundial snail the only way to remove them is manually.

A fresh water dip will kill nudibranches but not any eggs they may have laid.
I use fresh RO/DI water (that is the same temperature as the tank water) in a bowl and dip the zoanthids for 3-5 minutes.
I do this to all new zoanthids before they go into my tank.

I've been looking real hard at the tank and around the original Zoanthoids that are mysteriously disappearing and I don't see anything there...
I've been trying to see if there are any "little critters" there and I can't see any.
If we re-locate them are they the type of coral that will grow back if they didn't like their location?