Search results

1. C

Eunice worm problems

Hi all. I've been fighting a eunice worm in my tank for some time now. So far it's been a pretty one sided fight. The little *#@! has evaded every attempt to catch him and he has eaten quite a few of my zoas (and seriously angered my open brain). I've tried numerous traps and have staked him...
  2. C

Another stocking list

Hi all. I just had a power outage disaster over the weekend while out of town. All fish and shrimp have died and I have lost some corals (doing massive water changes to save the rest). Anyways I thought I'd look to the positive and think about what fish to get next (once everything is back to...
  3. C

Open brain behavior

Hi all. I have a red and green open brain that I moved from a shady spot of my tank to a brighter spot a little over a week ago. I have noticed that it is now becoming more transparent (or fading not sure the right term). The polyp extension is still great and other than the color change it is...
  4. C

Pushing the stocking limits

Hi all. Most of us know the stocking rule of 1 inch of fish per 5 gallons of water (or even 1in/3 gallons). I was wondering who among us out there actually bends or breaks this rule with success (and of course please share failures too). If you have had success, why do you think it's worked...
  5. C

Adding another clown?

I've had a tiny (maybe 1.5 inches if you stretch him out) oscellaris clown for about a month and a half. I was thinking of adding a black oscellaris but I want to make sure all would be ok. The existing clown hasn't chosen anything to host yet and doesn't seem to have a territory established...
  6. C

best sps for a mixed tank

Hi all. I've been getting interested in trying a couple sps corals in my tank. I was wondering which ones seem to do the best (as far as survivability and color) in mixed tanks. I have a lps dominated tank with some xenia, zoos, and a toadstool. I already have a blue/green psammacora that is...
  7. C

neon gobies

I have had a blue neon goby doing well in my tank for a couple months now. I was thinking about adding a yellow neon goby but I don't know if they'd fight one another or get along. Anybody know the answer? (my tank is 39 gallons)
  8. C

Good encrusting coral suggestion?

Hi all. I have an arch of 1.5" dia figi branch LR that I thought would be cool to get an encrusting coral grow on. All I need to figure out is what kind of coral to get. That's where you guys come in. I need some suggestions. I have a mostly LPS tank with a couple of softies. I know I...
  9. C

Adding too much bioload at once?

Hi all. I'm looking to place an order from an online vendor and just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. I plan on ordering: 1 black cap basslet 1 fire shrimp 1 porcelein(sp?) crab 1 ricordea 5-10 astrea snails This is all to get up to a total that nets me some free...
  10. C

More important: Water or Live Rock?

Hi all. I've been lurking on the site for a while and wanted to first thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge I've picked up from here. It's really made things much easier for me. Now that thank you's are out of the way, I was wondering which is more important to have, more water in the...