Adding too much bioload at once?

chunky

Hi all. I'm looking to place an order from an online vendor and just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. I plan on ordering:

1 black cap basslet
1 fire shrimp
1 porcelein(sp?) crab
1 ricordea
5-10 astrea snails

This is all to get up to a total that nets me some free shipping. My tank is a 39 gal with about 55# live rock and 20# of live sand and has been running smoothly for 2 months now. I just want to make sure that adding this much life at once won't cause a cycle and crash my tank. So what do ya think?

BoomerD

That should be fine. The only thing there that adds noticeable bioload is the basslet. While inverts DO technically add to the bioload, their impact is very small.

Origami2547

You'll be fine. Only the Basslet provide any substantial bioload. Your snails, I believe, should almost be bioload neutral if not net consumers. Other inverts have virtually no impact to the load.

By the way, have you been running your tank empty for the past 2 months or did you do anything to help develop the biofiltration (bacteria in the rock and sand), such as giving it a piece of raw shrimp for a couple of days?

chunky

Thanks for the go ahead everyone. The order has been placed. I can't wait! Origami, when I posted I meant that the tank had finished it's cycle 2 months ago. I have already started stocking with a couple fish, some shrimp, and of course some nice corals (all done slowly). I just wanted to make sure that adding this much at once wouldn't cause another cycle and hurt the critters I already have. Thanks again for the advice.