Search results

1. JoJo

Nano/pico tank with no skimmer?

I've been checking out small tanks that LFS have set up and none of them have skimmers, just a HOB filter (with filter floss, carbon and LR rubble). I asked how long they've been set up, one store said 6mos and the other said over a year. Both had 2 small clown fish and said they just do small...
  2. JoJo

It's been a long time!

Hello all. It's been well over 2yrs since I've dealt with anything saltwater. I stripped down the 135g and turned it into FW because I didn't have the time for it since starting our dog rescue. Well things have settled down and while getting dog food today at the pet store I caught the SW bug...
  3. JoJo

skimmer, closed loop pump and SCWD

I'm converting my tank to FW so i'm selling some equipment. ASM-G2 Protein Skimmer with a Sedra 3500 pump and the gate valve modification. $140+shipping obo Reeflo Snapper pump, 2500gph. $125+shipping obo SCWD 1" wavemaker. $40+shipping obo
  4. JoJo

prefiltering SCWD on closed loop system

as most of you know the SCWD on CL has stopped switching and this is because i havent had a prefilter on it. the problem is the intakes of the CL is hidden under the rock pile, so it's hard to gain access to. so i'm trying to come up with a way to prefilter the water before it gets to the...
  5. JoJo

Nature Kicks A..!!!

i'm not sure if everyone has heard of the Battle of Kruger video yet. so here it is, make sure you watch the entire thing, then end is the coolest. BATTLE OF KRUGER
  6. JoJo

OT WeightLoss Thread

I'm starting this thread to keep track of my progess in my eating/excersice habits. I will post pics as motivation to myself & others that i hope will join this thread, its easier to accomplish thinkgs with friends. Since moving from our condo to our new house i have continously been gaining...
  7. JoJo

making an acrylic skimmer box

i'm planning on making a skimmer box approx. 12"Wx7"D, i would like to make it out of one piece and bend at the corner but i have no idea how to do this. i may have to cut it into 2 pieces & glue them together at the turn. any advice on this?
  8. JoJo

shopping for LR online

after doing a couple searches, i couldnt find the thread i was looking for so i'll start it. since i already have about 60# or so of BR, i'm looking for online sites to get some nice LR. i'm also looking to find out what would be the process after receiving the LR, like number of weeks of...
  9. JoJo

plumbing R/O into system

i want to have my R/O unit go to a resevior tub for an ATO & go to a seperate tub for SW mixing. i'm not absolutely sure how to plumb this set up. i'm thinking of T-ing off the r/o line to both reseviors. the ATO tub will have some type of auto-shutoff for the r/o right? it will also...
  10. JoJo

close loop bulkhead location

I have a 135g tank that i will be drilling 2 holes for the closed loop returns. The tank will have dual corner overflow (with a skimmer bridge connecting them for more surface skimming). Whats the best location to place for them? The pump is a Sequence Snapper, 2400gph with 2" inlet/1.5"...
  11. JoJo

bring rock back to life

I have about 100# of LR(was) from my 90g that I stored in 2 large rubbermaid tubs. Everything has died off & the rock is completely white. Should i just wait until the tank is ready & throw it on the bottom and stack LR on top OR rinse the rock off, put LR in the tub with skimmer, heater &...
  12. JoJo

DIY wavermaker valves

while browsing through threads i came across this cheap wavermaker and wondered if that was wired to a irrigation valve would it work on a CLS? You would need a timer & a valve for each direction (setting the may be a PITA) & irrigation valves are low voltage so thats an issue but thought i...
  13. JoJo

overflow/sump flow question

This may have been discussed before but i couldn't find a direct answer in my search. While thinking about bulkhead sizes, i started to think if a my sump consists of a LR, a skimmer(200-500gph) & maybe a UV(100-400gph). why are we aiming for 800+gph in the overflow section if half of the...
  14. JoJo

glass drill bits help

i know this sounds to good to be true but i want to get others opinions. 50mm Diamond coated drill bit bits hole saw glass core - eBay (item 170196128407 end time Feb-29-08 02:43:30 PST)
  15. JoJo

Overflow hole size??

Re: My slow 135g build once again i have removed the tank from the hole to remeasure the overflow holes. i'm trying to make sure that it's possible to have a hole made bigger? I have enough room in the overflow section to have the holes widen to 2 3/8". which would give me 1 1/2" bulkheads &...
  16. JoJo

The newest addition to the family

K-do is 1 yrs old, as with my other pets he is a rescue, on his way to being put to sleep simply because he has grown out of that cute little puppy stage. We have had him for 3 days and he is already starting to fit in perfectly, other than trying to mount my female Rotty mix (he will be fixed...
  17. JoJo

wall opening for aquarium

After putting this aquarium into the wall i recently finished, the tank sits 3-4" inside of too far. the problem is if i slide the tank flush with the wall, the back corners are not being supported by the back legs of the stand(corners sit 3" in front of legs). with my fuge and sump under the...
  18. JoJo

stingray then seahorse

I was going fishing, so i stopped by a bait shop on the way. As I was getting ready to checkout i noticed a 55g tank. After paying I walked over to the tank, there was a 6" round stingray in the tank. No shelter/hiding places, no sand(1/4-1/2 pebble rock) a barely working Seaclone and HOB...
  19. JoJo

sump problem

Since the front of my stand has to be cut to get my sump into, i would like to have the baffles inside of the sump before putting it into the stand. So far the only way i have seen seen how to figure baffle height & sump water line is by filling tank, cutting the power and marking the water...
  20. JoJo

My slow 135g build

Ok, everyone here's a little history on me & SW. I started out with a 10g sw with a couple of pieces of LR, a Emperor filter, stock hood, a clown fish, & I think a serpent starfish? I upgraded from there to a 55g with a PC lighting, a cheap skimmer,a wet/dry & beginner coral. Next I moved all...